CPB Submission Release
Print this page by selecting "Print" from your browser's "File" menu.
The following shall constitute a release (the "Release") by: ________________________________ ("Submitter") with regard to the submission of a proposal for a _____________________________ entitled _______________________________ (the "Proposal") for review and consideration by the Corporation for Public Broadcasting ("CPB"). Submitter understands and agrees that the execution of this Release is a precondition to CPB review of any materials submitted. All references to CPB shall include CPB's directors, officers, agents, employees, consultants, licensees, successors and assigns.
In consideration of CPB's review and consideration of the Proposal, Submitter hereby agrees as follows:
- Submitter agrees and represents that it has full and complete rights to all of the information and materials included in the Proposal submitted to CPB.
- Submitter agrees and represents that such materials are not defamatory and do not infringe upon or violate the privacy rights, copyrights, trademarks, publicity or other intellectual or proprietary rights of any third party.
- CPB shall give the Proposal and the materials such consideration as CPB in its sole and absolute discretion determines is appropriate. CPB is under no obligation to disclose to you any details of CPB's actions in connection with the Proposal, or any information regarding CPB's activities in the field to which the Proposal pertains.
- CPB does not undertake to consider the Proposal or any of the materials provided in confidence, and CPB intends to disclose the materials to various employees and possibly to those outside CPB's employ to determine the merit of the Proposal. It is understood that no confidential relationship is entered into by reason of CPB's consideration of the Proposal or any of the materials by reason of discussions at any time between CPB and you.
- CPB shall have the right to duplicate, use, disclose and distribute all of the documents and materials submitted to CPB for the purpose of evaluation, review and research.
- Consideration of the Proposal and any submitted materials is not an admission by CPB of the novelty, propriety or originality of the Proposal or such materials. CPB shall not be obligated to further consider your Proposal or to negotiate with or enter into an agreement with you pertaining to the Proposal.
- Any parts of the Proposal or submitted materials that are solely owned and controlled by you pursuant to 15 U.S.C.A. 1051 et seq. and/or protected by copyright for your benefit pursuant to 17 U.S.C.A. 101 et seq. shall be deemed protected materials for the purpose of this submission and CPB claims no ownership in such protected materials by virtue of the submission.
- Unless prohibited by applicable law, you agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless CPB from and against any claim, loss, obligation, liability or expense (including reasonable attorney's fees) that may be asserted against or incurred by CPB in connection with your Proposal or the submitted materials, any use of such Proposal or materials by CPB or any breach of any representation, covenant, warranty or agreement made by you in connection with your submission.
- CPB has not made any prior inducements, promises or representations to you regarding the Proposal or these materials. There are no agreements, written or oral, express or implied, between you and CPB with respect to the Proposal or the materials submitted. The invalidity of any provision hereof shall not affect the remaining provisions. The representations, warranties and indemnities shall survive the termination, completion or expiration of the Proposal review process.
- You have retained a copy of the Proposal and submitted materials and agree that CPB shall not have any obligation to return the submitted copy of the Proposal and the materials and that CPB shall be under no obligation for any loss or damage to such copy.
Agreed to and accepted: