Major Gifts Officer
Oklahoma Educational Television Authority (OETA) Foundation
JOB TITLE: Major Gifts Officer, OKC
JOB SUMMARY: Under the direct supervision of the President and working closely with the Development Manager, the Major Gifts Officer is responsible for identifying, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding major gift and leadership level annual fund prospects and donors for Oklahoma's statewide PBS network. The Major Gifts Officer embraces the mission of OETA through actions, deeds and outcomes.
Essential Job Functions:
- Works with OETA Foundation staff to identify steadfast annual fund donors who can be cultivated for major gifts and leadership annual gifts.
- Makes 10-15 donor visits each month as part of cultivating, soliciting and stewarding major gifts or leadership level annual donors. This will include appointments throughout the state.
- Conduct 2-3 solicitations with written proposal per month.
- Works with the OETA Foundation President to support relationships with top 500 major donors and potential major donors.
- Maintain relationship records in station database for all interactions including identification, qualification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship. Conduct donor research using station wealth database.
- Assist with corporate program support for on-air programs
Essential Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Non-Profit Management, Public Relations, Communications, Journalism, Marketing, Business or a related field.
- At least three years of direct fundraising experience in a nonprofit or similar organization is required. We are specifically seeking candidates who have been successful in cultivating and soliciting donors in one-on-one interactions.
- Proficient in MS Office, Word, Excel, Outlook; and donor software Allegiance; Blackbaud
- Must be an articulate ‘people person,’ effective at building and nurturing donor relationships
- Must have excellent writing skills; ability to organize and follow through
- Must be willing to travel throughout the state for donor calls and work flexible hours when necessary
Must be able to walk, stand, climb stairs, see, hear, upward mobility, finger dexterity; move about freely. Must have ability to travel and handle normal stress of day to day office environment.
Regardless of job capacity, each employee is obligated to present a professional and helpful business image to all with whom they come into contact, both within and outside of the organization.
Send cover letter, resume and 3 references to: email@example.com or Attn: Traci Burnett, OETA Foundation, 7403 N. Kelley Avenue, Oklahoma City, Ok, 73111.
Send application materials to:
Send cover letter, resume and 3 references to: firstname.lastname@example.org or Attn: Traci Burnett, OETA Foundation, 7403 N. Kelley Avenue, Oklahoma City, OK, 73111.
CPB is not responsible for the accuracy of the information in the job announcements or for any aspect of the hiring process for non-CPB job announcements in the Jobline. Please send all applications for non-CPB jobs to the appropriate station or entity.
July 7, 2014
Open Until Filled
OKLAHOMA CITY, Oklahoma