Fiscal Year 2012
Expenditure period: 10/1/2011 - 9/30/2012
The FY 2012 Radio grant calculations are based on three assumptions:
- First, and most important, that CPB receives the Fiscal Year 2012 public broadcasting appropriation of $438.3 million on October 1, 2011.
- Second, that the final amount of FY 2010 nonfederal financial support (NFFS) for your grantee will not be modified subsequently, and
- Third, that there will be 409 radio grantees participating in the CSG program.
Important Note: As it is stated on each grantee’s FY 2012 CSG Agreement, the grant offer is contingent upon CPB's receipt of its authorized appropriation for Fiscal Year 2012 and is subject to decreases.
The final Incentive Rate of Return (IRR), applicable to CSG Levels C and D, is .066119. Fluctuation in IRR from year to year is a function of total radio system NFFS and the CPB appropriation. Please note there is a two year lag between station financial data used for CSGs and the CPB fiscal year.
FY 2012 Unrestricted Percentage: 73.9%
FY 2012 Restricted Percentage: 26.1%*
*All radio CSG recipients are required to spend 26.1% of the FY 2012 grant on national program production and acquisition. These funds must be used exclusively for the acquisition, production, promotion and distribution of national programming of high quality, diversity, creativity, excellence and innovation, with strict adherence to objectivity and balance in all programs or series of programs of a controversial nature.
FY 2012 Base Grant Amounts (based on revised FY 2012 appropriation)::
- Level A: $100,000
- Level B: $71,226
- Level C: $71,226
- Level D: $56,981
NFFS = Non-Federal Financial Support
The information below provides a basic overview of Minority Audience Service Station and Rural Audience Service Station qualification. More information is available in the Radio CSG General Provisions.
Minority Audience Service Station Support
A grantee seeking Minority Audience Service Station qualification is based on the grantee meeting at least one of the criteria below.
- A measured minority audience composition (cume) greater than 35 percent averaged over the previous three consecutive measured quarters; or
- The station is licensed to a designated Historically Black College or University; or
- The station is licensed to a Native American Tribe, a consortium of Tribes, or an entity controlled by a Tribe, or is licensed to a community within recognized Tribal Lands and provides a coverage area of which a substantial portion includes Tribal Lands.
Rural Audience Service Station Support
A grantee seeking Rural Audience Service Station qualification must have a coverage area population equal to or less than 40 people per square kilometer.
All questions about this information should be directed to the Office of Grants Administration at email@example.com. Remember to always identify your station call letters and/or grantee ID number so that we can respond quickly to your inquiry.