The Corporation for Public Broadcasting (CPB) is seeking a consultant to facilitate a meeting with CPB personnel and general managers of up to 23 African American public radio stations (AAPRS) identified in Exhibit A, attached hereto. The objective is to assist these stations in:
- identifying shared goals and ideas;
- exploring ways to better identify and meet the needs of their audiences and communities and as a consequence their sustainability;
- identifying ways they might work collaboratively to improve operational efficiencies;
- developing specific strategies each station may implement to meet these goals; and
- obtaining information that will inform future CPB support to AAPRS.
The Consultant will plan the meeting working closely with CPB personnel at all stages, including: A. developing a discussion guide and meeting materials; B. participating in presentation rehearsals prior to the meeting; C. preparing any necessary follow-up meeting materials and; D. creating a final report. The final report must be comprehensive and include, a review of the meeting, results of the meeting discussions, detailed actionable next steps the station’s must take to achieve specific outcomes, other station recommendations and information that will inform future CPB support to AAPRS.
Applicant must have extensive experience facilitating meetings and providing strategic advice to media organizations in the commercial or private sectors, to realign their operations to become more successful in reaching their audiences and sustainability.
The meeting will be two full-days and is expected to be held in the Washington, D.C. metro area, commencing no later than September 29, 2016.