Job Description Summary
The Marketing Manager is primarily responsible for overseeing WFDD marketing and community engagement activities (i.e. print advertising, email marketing, media relations, social media, special events, and sponsorships), all of which are designed to meet budgetary requirements of the station and increase overall community awareness, drive listenership, and increase membership.
- Responsible for writing and distributing station press releases to area media and maintaining a current media contacts file.
- Plans, implements and evaluates station special events with the goal of achieving monetary return, community engagement, and social capital. Coordinates WFDD staff to work specific events.
- Identifies, plans, and promotes strategic partnership opportunities.
- Promotes opportunities and special events on the WFDD website, via email marketing, on social media, and through on-air promos, and ensures that station marketing needs are met.
- Creates and manages WFDD email marketing, to include daily, weekly, monthly, and special event emails.
- Manages all WFDD marketing and engagement social media posts; monitors the success of all social media posts; and ensures best practices are met in relation to all WFDD social media platforms. Engages with replies to marketing posts on social media, as needed.
- Attention to detail is critical for this position. Please demonstrate your attention to detail by telling us your favorite animal in your cover letter.
- Writes and edits on-air promotional copy for live reads and produced spots.
- Curates and promotes ongoing WFDD engagement initiatives, including Photo of the Week and Dose of Good, and other initiatives as needed.
- Ideates future engagement and marketing strategies.
- Responsible for design and placement of station marketing ads (print and digital) in various publications.
- Places underwriting ads on wfdd.org using Doubleclick for Publisher interface.
- Manages the WFDD brand in all applications and across other WFDD departments.
- Works strategically with other Wake Forest University departments to promote the station to the campus community.
- Serves as on-air talent during pledge drives, as needed.
- Assists with recording and production of on-air promos and testimonials, as needed.
- Supervises interns, volunteers, and/or student employees assigned to the department.
- Replies to listener communications sent via email, phone, or social media, as needed.
Required Education, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree plus two years of experience in public relations, marketing, communications, or similar field.
- Knowledge and understanding of public radio core values and goals.
- Knowledge of communication principles and marketing techniques.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite, including InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, or similar graphic design programs. Basic understanding of graphic design principles and web site management using a content management system.
- Proficiency in use of MailChimp or other email marketing application.
- Ability to demonstrate effective communication skills both verbally and in writing. Close attention to detail and excellent time-management skills.
- Ability to use independent judgment and maintain confidentiality of records and information.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data and train colleagues on how to read and access data regarding social media audiences, user engagement, and best practices; website usage metrics; and audience data.
- Flexibility to work evening and weekend events as needed.
- Ability to meet the requirements of the University’s automobile insurance.
Preferred Education, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Experience in non-profit, marketing, communications, or public relations.
- Experience with Drupal CMS.
- Experience using Adobe Audition audio editing application.
- Responsible for own work.
- Manages student workers, interns, volunteers.
Time Type Requirement
Note to Applicant:
This position profile identifies the key responsibilities and expectations for performance. It cannot encompass all specific job tasks that an employee may be required to perform. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and perform job-related duties as may be reasonably assigned by his/her supervisor.
In order to provide a safe and productive learning and living community, Wake Forest University conducts background investigations and drug screens for all final staff candidates being considered for employment.
Wake Forest seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce while promoting an inclusive work environment committed to excellence in the spirit of Pro Humanitate. In adherence with applicable laws and as provided by University policies, the University prohibits discrimination in its employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information, disability and veteran status and encourages qualified candidates across all group demographics to apply.
Application must be made via the Wake Forest University Careers webpage: https://wfu.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Staff_Career_Website_live/job/Winston-Salem-NC/Marketing-Manager--WFDD_R0003650.