All Classical Portland is one of America’s top classical music radio stations, broadcasting from the heart of the Pacific Northwest. This station serves over a quarter of a million local listeners in Oregon and SW Washington weekly, and millions of listeners worldwide via mobile app and online streaming.
All Classical Portland seeks a creative, enterprising, and dynamic producer/host for primetime. The ideal candidate will be a natural storyteller who is able to share information about classical music in a passionate and engaging manner, with personality, energy, and integrity. You will be part of a daily collaboration where you can use your creativity to help shape the sound of a vibrant radio station, helping to carry out All Classical Portland’s mission to build cultural community and provide access to the arts for all. This position is a great mix of producing, weekly hosting, youth engagement, and occasional field work.
- Produce, curate, and host a regular on-air classical music program
- Contribute to flagship programs, including Where We Live, a monthly program dedicated to exploring the intersection of arts and social issues
- Contribute to the Youth Roving Reporters program, potentially to include recruiting youth, arranging interviews, scheduling, and promoting broadcasts, attending events, and mentoring young reporters
- Write web stories and social media engagement for interviews you produce
- Edit and report feature stories, and host radio shows and interviews as assigned
- Fill in for other hosts and producers when necessary
- Contribute to All Classical Portland’s International Children’s Arts Network (ICAN) on HD2 and online
- Work with All Classical Portland’s fundraising and marketing team during fundraising and in pre-recording campaign material and online content
- Engage with on-line audience through social media and produce innovative digital content including podcasts and videos
- Minimum of 3-5 years hosting experience, preferably in public media
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, music, or related field
- Knowledge, love of, and excitement for classical music
- Commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion in radio, classical music, and throughout the community, and the demonstrated ability to advance All Classical Portland’s Commitment to Diversity
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively under deadline pressure
- Proven intellectual curiosity, creativity, reliability, and rigor
- Experience as a host/producer/interviewer
- Strong writing skills
- Demonstrated desire and ability to effectively engage diverse audiences
- Proficiency with Adobe Audition, ENCO, and other digital audio systems
- Passion for working with youth and mentoring the next generation of radio journalists and producers
- New Media and podcasting experience/knowledge a plus
Annual salary range is $47,757 - $68,203 dependent upon qualifications and experience. Generous benefits package includes: 100% employer paid health insurance (medical, dental, vision) for employees and their spouses/partners/dependents; 2% 401(k) employer match; starting PTO of up to 29 days per year. Membership in IBEW Local 48 required. Occasional nights and weekend work may be required.
All Classical Portland is an equal opportunity workplace – we do not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, sex, gender identity, ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, marital or familial status, appearance, sexual orientation, principal language, veteran status or disability. Prospective or current employees may notify the appropriate local, State or Federal agency if they believe they have been the victims of discrimination. This policy applies to activities related to recruiting, retention, training, promotion, or separation. For more information about All Classical Portland please see our history on the About page.
Position open until filled. No phone calls or drop-ins please.
To apply, visit: https://www.allclassical.org/about/employment/