- Hours: 40 hours per week
- Location: Los Angeles, CA or remote (anywhere within the U.S.A.)
- Start Date: January 10, 2022 - June 17, 2022
- Compensation: $15.00/hour
Intern, Production - Marketplace:
We are looking for an intern who is innately curious about raising the economic intelligence of our audience; organized and detail-oriented; and able to pitch ideas and produce stories in a fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate is someone who thrives on the deadline pressure of a daily radio and multimedia enterprise.
- Learn and perform a variety of production, research, and editorial tasks, including cutting tape.
- Write show promos, daily station updates, and other materials.
- Contribute ideas for stories and other editorial material.
- Conduct pre-interviews for on-air guests.
- Produce interviews for the show.
- Database and web projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Eligible to accrue sick time off.
- Eligible for health insurance as required under the ACA.
- Participate in robust on-boarding experience.
- Professional development: on-the-job training, intercultural development assessment, formal performance review feedback sessions, etc.
- Participate in brown bag sessions to gain broader perspective of the organization.
- Enrolled Senior in an undergraduate or Master’s program OR have earned a degree within the last 12 months.
- Basic knowledge of audition.
- A demonstrated interest in journalism (i.e. produced work for publication, worked at school newspaper/radio, etc.)
- Must have the ability to write, meet deadlines, and work independently.
- Must have strong organizational and communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products with the ability to learn new software programs.
- Self-starter with an appetite for learning radio.
- Coursework or experience in journalism.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
- Must be able to perform the essential duties of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Physical Demands:
- Required to move about in an office environment and sit for extended periods of time.
- Required to move about in the community.
- Frequent use of hands for data entry/keystrokes and simple grasping.
- Working Conditions:
- Moderate noise level.
- Occasional exposure to prevalent weather conditions.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are committed to hiring a breadth of diverse professionals and encourage members of diverse groups to apply.
Please submit resume and cover letter via this LINK