- Hours: 40 hours per week
- Location: Any of Marketplace’s offices in LA, NY, DC or remote (anywhere within the U.S.A.)
- Start Date: January 7, 2022 – May 27, 2022
- Compensation: $15.00/hour
Intern, Social Video - Marketplace:
Our newsroom is seeking an individual who has hands-on video production and post-production experience to help us serve our audiences (current and new) in a stronger and more versatile way. Are YOU that person? If so, you will have an opportunity to help live our mission by helping people become smarter about the economy using videos – allowing us to inform and educate in a way that our broadcast side can’t. You’ll have an opportunity to work alongside social producers with a focus on finding engaging ways to tell stories and promote Marketplace’s properties through video.
Key Learning Goals:
- Learning how audiences interact differently based on each social platform.
- Learning what it takes to do strong visual communication for a news brand on social platforms. A video is much more than making something look “good” or “eye-catching” … it’s about how a piece of content communicates.
- Learning to look at data and how to leverage that into a stronger video.
- Ongoing assistance with editing social videos.
- Research, pitch and help produce low touch video ideas on the weekly.
- Animate backgrounds, titles, templates, and general motion GFX for short-form videos in original and engaging ways.
- Sourcing photo and video and music stock footage as it pertains to each project.
- Partial subsidy for onsite parking or public transportation
- Eligible to accrue sick time off
- Eligible for health insurance as required under the ACA
- Participate in robust on-boarding experience
- Professional development: on-the-job training, intercultural development assessment, formal performance review feedback sessions, etc.
- Participate in brown bag sessions to gain broader perspective of the organization
- Enrolled Senior in an undergraduate or Master’s program OR have earned a degree within the last 12 months
- Strong working knowledge with video editing.
- Strong working knowledge of Adobe Premiere OR Final Cut Pro
- Self-starter with an interest in news-driven storytelling and journalism.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work both independently and collaboratively.
- Coursework or experience promo videos a plus.
- Working knowledge of Adobe After Effects, Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Experience working in video journalism for social platforms.
Next Step in the Application:
In addition to your skills and knowledge, we want to get to know you in the application process. In addition to your resume, please include a cover letter with answers to the following:
- What interest you about this internship?
- What professional skills would you like to add to your toolbox in the months and years to come to grow in your career field?
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
- Must be able to perform the essential duties of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Physical Demands:
- Required to move about in an office environment and sit for extended periods of time.
- Required to move about in the community.
- Frequent use of hands for data entry/keystrokes and simple grasping.
- Working Conditions:
- Moderate noise level.
- Occasional exposure to prevalent weather conditions.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are committed to hiring a breadth of diverse professionals and encourage members of diverse groups to apply.
Please submit all resumes and cover letters to this LINK