Arizona Public Media is looking for a Traffic Manager to join the team. A successful Traffic Manager will lead a small team of staff and student workers. The Traffic Manager will coordinate and manage traffic and scheduling functions for AZPM’s television and radio properties. A successful candidate will manage daily coordination of resources and ensure accurate completion of stations’ daily on-air logs, along with the scheduling of program, promotional, and underwriting inventory. The Traffic Manager will work cross departmentally to ensure accurate pledge schedules, pledge breaks, underwriting spots.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Oversee and manage multimedia and traffic team activities for the AZPM Traffic Department by training, assigning, scheduling, and mentoring staff and students.
- Establish standards for team productivity, quality, accuracy, development and client service.
- Communicate cross-departmentally with AZPM Leadership, managers, staff and to source and create needed meta-data, schedule local interstitial television breaks; and underwriting spots, coordinating among all stakeholders the highest and best use of airtime to meet the needs of the organization’s strategy.
- Manage, plan, and direct the broadcast schedules.
- Manage, plan, and direct television traffic duties including entering interstitials and promos in a timely manner to fill breaks in the Broadcast. During Pledge, schedule pledge breaks and phone bars.
- Manage broadcast log for each channel while ensuring proper Bugs are in the log.
- Manage and ensure underwriting openings are attached to underwriting spots and connected properly for paid clients.
- Responsible for contacting on-air and on-line TV listings to provide the program schedule and relevant updates.
- Manages and develops monthly reports.
- Consults with representatives from other departments on special projects to determine
- Assists with troubleshooting on-air traffic and broadcast-related issues.
- Manages and reviews new programming pitches and provides recommendations and feedback for improvements to AZPM Leadership.
- Manage and ensures workflow timelines while developing new approaches to create efficiencies.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Meticulous attention to detail, organizational, communication skills and accuracy.
- Exceptional competence in both oral and written English.
- Ability to utilize relevant software programs, particularly Microsoft Office 365, and cloud-based delivery applications.
- Ability to prioritize, multitask and work effectively under tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated knowledge of television programming strategies.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent advanced learning attained through professional level experience required.
- Minimum of 3 years of related work experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience required.
- Experience in Myers Protrack or similar broadcast scheduling software.
- Two years of experience managing teams.
Please apply for this position on our website at https://about.azpm.org/jobs/