The Chief Executive Officer will
• take responsibility for the integrated functioning of a comprehensive advancement program, with goals of assessing Arkansas PBS’s fundraising potential and of creating short- and long-term development plans;
• promote and guide the adoption of best practices and innovative approaches to individual major giving, corporate and foundation grants, planned giving initiatives, annual appeals, and events;
• establish and monitor key metrics to make forecasts and evaluate ongoing performance, ensuring the Foundation will meet and exceed annual fundraising goals;
• identify, cultivate, and solicit principal gift donors for a capital campaign, while developing long term donor relationships for furthering the campaign;
• clearly articulate and promote a strong case for support that grows the donor base and giving levels; and
• write and manage department budgets, ensuring fiscal responsibility and return on investment.
The Chief Executive Officer will
• build, motivate, lead, and retain an advancement team, aligning structure with fundraising and organizational strategy;
• establish annual goals, provide regular performance reviews and recognition, and support ongoing professional development opportunities;
• ensure the adoption of a thorough and wide-ranging prospect research program that maximizes opportunities to engage new donor communities;
• steer the development of a best-in-class moves management and donor stewardship program designed to strengthen relationships with high-value and high-net-worth donors;
• oversee the development and implementation of policies and procedures for gift processing and donor acknowledgment, database management, and financial reporting; and
• attend Arkansas PBS and Arkansas PBS Foundation events and activities and foster pride and excitement in fundraising efforts.
Board and Staff Engagement
The Chief Executive Officer will
• create and sustain a culture of philanthropy that ensures an optimal fit between the advancement program and Arkansas PBS’s services and anticipates opportunities to expand program services;
• work collaboratively with the Arkansas PBS Executive Director to position advancement opportunities and integrate messages in news articles, publications, grant submissions, reports, and collateral materials;
• serve as the Foundation’s primary liaison to the Arkansas PBS Foundation’s Board of Directors, engaging members in the fundraising process, overseeing ongoing training, and supporting and managing philanthropic activities; and
• develop a plan to leverage the Board, senior leaders, and staff in the identification, qualification, and cultivation of strategic, high-value prospects, ensuring that all participants understand their roles and are fully briefed for meetings with prospects and donors.
The Arkansas PBS Foundation seeks a Chief Executive Officer with
• a demonstrated ability to set and monitor the strategic direction of a complex advancement program and to ensure its alignment with organizational goals;
• experience establishing strong relationships with executive leaders and volunteer Boards and committees, and of leveraging them effectively in the fundraising process;
• a track record of personally securing five- and six-figure gifts from a range of constituencies, including individuals, corporations, and foundations;
• experience in at least one successful capital campaign; • working knowledge of advancement best practices, emerging trends, and tools and technologies to support a variety of initiatives, including prospect research and digital campaigns;
• an ability to effectively utilize database systems within a data-driven and evidence-based organization (experience with Allegiance software is preferred);
• evidence of excellent leadership skills and knowledge of how to motivate and mentor a fundraising team to increase performance levels; • experience engaging researchers and/or educators in the fundraising process (preferred);
• familiarity with the philanthropic community of Arkansas (preferred);
• a commitment to excellence in approach to advancement, development, and implementation;
• sincere passion for and commitment to Arkansas PBS's mission and to public media for all Arkansans;
• an ability to be a compelling ambassador for Arkansas PBS’s values;
• a collaborative and engaging communication style in working with people of many backgrounds, including families, teachers, researchers, leaders, staff, volunteers, and donors;
• an ability to multitask and balance multiple priorities in a complex and multi-faceted development and advancement foundation; and
• unfailing discretion in dealing with confidential material about donors.
A bachelor's degree is required for this position as is as least seven years of progressively responsible experience in a comprehensive, direct, non-profit fundraising program with significant knowledge of major giving and annual/capital campaigns, including at least two years in a position with staff management responsibilities supervising a robust development team.
DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION
Arkansas PBS Foundation is committed to creating a working environment that values, respects, and utilizes the contribution of its staff from diverse backgrounds and experiences. The Public Broadcasting Act of 1967 was implemented to serve all segments of a diverse national society. Arkansas PBS and Arkansas PBS Foundation furthers that goal by enhancing public access to a full range of ideas and viewpoints for Arkansans to stay informed about the issues of the time. In controversial matters Arkansas PBS and Arkansas PBS Foundation assures fairness by offering different points of view and diverse group representation, including women, minorities, and the underserved. Arkansas PBS Foundation fosters a diverse workforce by recruiting and hiring diverse candidates, welcoming suggestions from all employees on better ways to reach Arkansas PBS Foundation objectives and encouraging teamwork to maximize the contributions of every segment of its employee population. It values each member of Arkansas PBS Foundation’s team and offers an environment in which everyone can achieve their full potential. Diversity makes Arkansas PBS Foundation stronger and better able to serve the state’s population. In addition, it helps make Arkansas PBS Foundation a great place to work. Arkansas PBS Foundation's diversity recognizes everyone and their individual talents. This includes all aspects of life – race, gender, background, interest, preferences – and relates to how they are treated. Arkansas PBS Foundation is committed to civil behavior, respect, and team participation available to all. Arkansas PBS Foundation strives to reach all sections of the state population it serves and mirrors that population as much as possible in its workforce.
SALARY & BENEFITS
The Arkansas PBS Foundation offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.
All applications must be accompanied by a cover letter and résumé. Cover letters should be responsive to the mission of the Arkansas PBS Foundation. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the successful candidate has been selected.
To apply for this position, visit:
To nominate a candidate, please contact Angelique Grant: email@example.com.
All inquiries will be held in confidence