Summary of Position
Produces, shoots and/or directs television programs, series, long-form segments and promotional spots as assigned by the Director of Content and Executive Producer. Consults and works with clients to produce underwriting spots, videos and other multi-media educational, corporate and industrial spots. Directs live and live-to-tape television programs as required. Must be able to edit in a non-linear environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Must be able to create design, lighting and camera approach for projects assigned; Must shoot/record material to meet industry standards.
- Must be able to communicate ideas for production needs. Responsible for set requirements, music, props, and all visual aids for a project in cooperation with production and engineering personnel to create the best possible product
- Responsible for all phases of project assignments
- Operates all editing equipment, studio, and remote production equipment including cameras, audio, lighting, and technical support equipment.
- Must be creative and able to function under pressure, make independent decisions, and exercise discretion in the performance of duties.
- Perform public relations assignments before, during, and after production, such as on-site visits, thank you letters, and telephone calls or e-mails.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
May be required to occasionally work beyond a normal forty-hour week. Must be able to lift/carry up to thirty pounds of television production equipment.
Bachelor’s degree in film/video/media production preferred, plus work-related experience that includes web-based technologies. Must have an appreciation for working with diverse audiences. Must be a self-starter with ability to think creatively and communicate effectively with colleagues and clients. Must be proficient in writing for broadcast. Required to operate all television production equipment to produce long-form video to industry standards. Must be able to "tell our story" in a multi-media, digital environment.