Blue Ridge Public Radio is growing! Join an award-winning, non-profit public media organization, home to BPR Classic and BPR News and serving listeners in 13 counties across Western North Carolina.
BPR is seeking candidates for a full-time, exempt position of Operations Coordinator to oversee the daily, technical operations of BPR related to traffic, automation, content management and studio production of content. Working alongside another Operations Coordinator and in conjunction with other departmental staff, this team collaborates across departments, ensuring the smooth delivery of content by managing programming schedules, setting up content in automation systems, and troubleshooting problems that may arise. This position will also manage BPR’s production studios, including serving as engineer for live recordings and providing technical support to staff and external content producers.
We’re looking for candidates who:
- Have experience with different forms of technology and software and are eager to learn new ones.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment where attention to detail is a key part of your daily responsibilities.
- Enjoy planning, maintaining schedules and improving systems and workflows.
- Are an excellent communicator and team player.
- Successfully carry out responsibilities independently.
- Have solid computer skills (Microsoft Office Products or Google Docs/Sheets).
- Are punctual, reliable, and willing to participate in an after-hours on-call rotation to address any problems that may arise.
- Are excited to support BPR’s mission of serving the public and commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- 2+ years experience in radio automation or traffic.
- Experience in studio production and digital editing software.
- Familiarity with FCC regulations.
- Experience training/mentoring others.
What we’ll provide you:
- Investment in your professional growth through coaching and mentoring.
- Training and professional development opportunities.
- A collaborative environment where managers welcome and support new ideas.
- State of the art broadcast facility completely remodeled in 2020.
If you’re interested in this position but aren’t sure if you qualify – apply anyway! BPR will provide training and support to a candidate with a mix of relevant skills, transferrable experience, and the potential to thrive in this position.
Compensation and benefits:
Salary range is $37,000-45,000 per year based on experience. In addition to salary and Worker’s Compensation Insurance, BPR offers a compensation package that includes the following benefits:
- Employer Paid Health Insurance (BPR pays 80%, 20% pre-tax employee contribution)
- Access to Optional Group Vision and Dental coverage at employee cost
- 403(b) Retirement Plan Match up to 5% after 90 days
- Smart/Mobile Phone Stipend
- Short-Term Disability
- Long-Term Disability
- Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- 12 days Paid Vacation in Year One, 17 days in Years 2-5 and 20 days for Years 6+
- 10 days of Sick Leave per year
- 10 Paid Holidays per year
This job posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
How to apply:
Submit your application through this online survey which requires you to upload your resume and respond to several short answer questions. Cover letter is not required. If you have questions regarding this process please email email@example.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Blue Ridge Public Radio is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. All employment decisions at Blue Ridge Public Radio are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, family or parental status, national origin, age, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. Blue Ridge Public Radio is actively working to implement diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives at all levels of its operations – internally and externally - and is committed to equitable policies and practices. We strongly encourage members of traditionally under-served and under-represented communities to apply to our open positions.
Submit your application through an online survey and resume upload at www.bpr.org/careers.