WBFO – Part Time News Anchor / Host
Buffalo, NY, United States
Buffalo Toronto Public Media is a leading bi-national public broadcasting station consisting of three television and three radio stations, all locally programmed. Programs and outreach explore and address interests relevant to the Western New York and Southern Ontario communities.
As an award winning NPR station in Western New York, we pride ourselves on objective and in-depth news coverage emphasizing public policy and underserved communities. WBFO has a tradition of journalism excellence that includes being recognized as the NYS Associated Press’s outstanding news organization for the last seven years.
We are seeking a Part-Time News Anchor / Host to work approximately 8 hours, regularly scheduled weekend mornings on Saturday or Sunday and other weekday fill in hours as assigned. The position may also be required to take part in on-air membership campaigns.
We are looking for individuals who:
- Have a passion for public radio.
- Demonstrate objective and compelling writing, interviewing, and newscast delivery.
- Can adapt to thrive in an ever changing environment
What you need to succeed:
- 2+ years’ on-air broadcast news experience.
- Technical aptitude or experience operating on-air control board and related functions.
- Authoritative, conversational on-air delivery with solid news judgment.
Buffalo Toronto Public Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to excellence through diversity and inclusion.
Please email resume to:
firstname.lastname@example.org OR mail to:
Buffalo Toronto Public Media
PO Box 1263
Buffalo, NY 14240-1263