WBFO – Reporter
Buffalo, NY, United States
Buffalo Toronto Public Media is a leading bi-national public broadcasting station consisting of three television and three radio stations. Programs and outreach explore and address interests relevant to the Western New York and Southern Ontario communities.
As an award winning NPR station in Western New York, we pride ourselves on objective and in-depth news coverage emphasizing public policy and underserved communities. WBFO has a tradition of journalism excellence that includes being recognized as the NYS Associated Press’s outstanding news organization for the last seven years.
We are seeking a Reporter who will compile, write, produce and deliver news stories, interviews, and features on the radio and a variety of other online formats. Our reporters contribute to collaborative news-gathering activities, including the development of long-range series and enterprise stories. The reporter will curate a WBFO news desk, leading our coverage of that topic and becoming a beat reporter for that subject matter. The reporter will also serve as a fill-in anchor and help with on air membership drives.
We are looking for individuals who:
- Have a passion for public radio, and a commitment to report on underserved communities.
- Demonstrate objective and compelling writing, interviewing, and strong on-air delivery.
- Can adapt to thrive in an ever changing environment
What you need to succeed:
- 2+ years’ experience as a reporter, public radio experience preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and report complex stories and issues with outstanding skills in writing and editing.
- High journalistic standards including objectivity, balance and fairness.
Buffalo Toronto Public Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to excellence through diversity and inclusion.
Please email resume to:
email@example.com OR mail to:
Buffalo Toronto Public Media
PO Box 1263
Buffalo, NY 14240-1263