Position Announcement #121005 – Executive Coordinator
The Corporation for Public Broadcasting is a private, nonprofit corporation created to ensure universal access to non-commercial high-quality programming and telecommunications services. We invest in programs and services that are educational, innovative, locally relevant, and reflect America’s common values and cultural diversity. We encourage the development of programming that involves creative risks and that addresses the needs of unserved and underserved audiences, particularly children and minorities.
CPB is currently seeking to hire an Executive Coordinator (level 4). Salary $40,000 - $50,000. This position reports directly to the SVP, Innovation & System Strategies.
The Executive Coordinator assumes primary responsibility for providing efficient administrative support to the Innovation and System Strategies department. The Coordinator serves as a confidential assistant to the SVP, Innovation and System Strategies and works to ensure smooth administrative flow of department activities. This includes handling meeting scheduling, coordinating, and organizing internal and external meeting logistics, telephone/mail coverage, travel arrangements, expense reports, leave requests and timekeeping, preparation, coordination, and maintenance of meeting documents including drafting notes and summary reports, communications with internal and external personnel, managing office supplies, and other office support services. Responsibilities also include regular drafting and coordination of weekly and quarterly executive meeting agendas, notes/summaries and reports as well as managing the timely dissemination of those notes and reports internally.
- Provides administrative, logistic, and office management support to Innovation and System Strategies’ key leadership. Manages SVP’s and VP’s calendars, coordinates meeting logistics, makes travel arrangements produces written materials for meetings (i.e., agendas, notes, summaries, reports etc.), maintains files, and maintains strict confidentiality.
- Works to ensure smooth administrative flow of department activities. Assumes the role of an office manager for the department including: providing administrative support, coordinating weekly staff meetings, updating department staff calendars, organizing leave requests and timesheets, drafting weekly activities report, and completing and processing travel authorization forms and expense reports. Handles department’s general office needs, orders office supplies and makes small purchases in conformity with company policies and procedures. Answers phones and responds to requests independently or forwards to the appropriate individual.
- Plans logistics and coordinates arrangements for meetings and other events. Handles communication with participants, arranges travel, secures/prepares appropriate meeting spaces, secures, and oversees catering services, coordinating with Meeting & Event Services; interacts with hotel and travel agency staff, prepares itineraries, verifies charges, and maintains expenditure records.
- Ensures distribution, tracking and flow of documents across departments, both internally and externally. Maintains current contact lists and ensures timely distribution of information to contacts. Tracks documents requiring the approval of the SVP and/or other CPB management. Works with Coordinators and Assistants in other departments to ensure timely responses and follow-up to meet time requirements.
- Drafts and creates meeting agendas for weekly executive meetings and captures, documents, and summarizes meeting notes, distributing them to key stakeholders in timely fashion. Prepares and aggregates information for weekly department reports for review by SVP and VPs as well as information for quarterly department executive reports.
- Prepares, compiles, and organizes written materials and communications for on and off-site meetings. Develops and maintains logical departmental digital filing systems to track and store departmental information and data in shared drives, and ensures that all information is organized, accurate and easily retrievable.
- Utilizes MS Office Suite and other software to create documents, basic spreadsheets, charts, graphs, and professional PowerPoint presentations to support department activities and initiatives.
- Assists with monitoring department budget and invoices using appropriate financial software. Works with the Office of General Counsel to process vendor contracts and with Finance to ensure appropriate processing of invoices, expense reports, and other required paperwork.
- Maintains broad and current knowledge about departmental activities, CPB, public broadcasting, and the media industries in general.
- Uses own discretion and exercises good judgment in organizing work and setting priorities for maximum efficiency. Assures high quality and timely work output. Revises own work for accuracy and thoroughness. Uses technology well to support efficient work output.
- Assumes a proactive nature and responsibility for self-development, seeks out additional responsibilities and self-learning opportunities, and pursues appropriate training to increase competencies and new skills in areas relevant to the department. Seeks guidance, feedback and suggestions from supervisor, peers and other regarding performance expectations.
- Performs online research.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- A minimum of two years of increasingly responsible, directly related work experience.
- Advanced knowledge of and proficiency with MS Office Suite, including experience preparing spreadsheets and presentations.
- Demonstrated ability to provide professional support services to both internal and external contacts, including executives, regarding matters that require tact, patience and creative problem solving.
- Demonstrated excellent oral and written communications skills, with the ability to generate professional, original documents, notes, and executive-level reports, exercising exception attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize work in a dynamic and complex environment to meet tight timelines and daily requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to operate standard office equipment including, but not limited to telephone, fax, copier, as well as ability to set up and troubleshoot for Zoom, Teams, WebEx or other video conferencing solutions.
- Preferred 2-4 years’ experience as an executive or administrative coordinator.
- Strong interest in public broadcasting or communications field.
- Experience with planning meetings, logistics and travel.
For more information about CPB, our programs, and our mission, please visit our website at
www.cpb.org. Please submit your cover letter, resume, and salary history to
Link does not work in Internet Explorer.
The Corporation for Public Broadcasting has a commitment to the principle of diversity. In that spirit, we welcome applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, religion, creed, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, national origin, or status with regard to public assistance.