Status: Full-time, Exempt
End Date: Open Until Filled
Are you a dynamic leader that partners with the General Manager (GM) and other executive leadership to develop and set financial policy systems that support the mission and strategic vision of your organization?
Do you manage and oversee all finance and business planning activities including cash flow, forecasting, budgeting and financial reporting for your company?
If so, then you should apply to be CapRadio’s Director of Finance!
In this new position you’ll participate in and be the driver of developing financial policies that align with CapRadio’s overall strategy.
The ideal candidate will feel a connection with CapRadio’s public service mission and will be experienced in and passionate about a range of finance functions including financial reporting, forecasting, business operations and banking activities. If you have extended experience as a financial officer and this sounds like you, we want you to apply.
We’re focused on building a diverse and inclusive organization and it takes all kinds of people so if you’re excited about this role but don't meet all of the qualifications listed below, we encourage you to apply.
- Provides guidance, direction and management of the finance/accounting team
- Serves as a strategic advisor, functional expert and thought partner to the GM and Executive team with regard to operational goals and financial performance
- Manages processes for financial forecasting and budgeting and oversees the preparation of all organizational and departmental reports
- Manages all business operation functions including leases, contracts, and agreements
- Ensures compliance with all legal and regulatory laws as well as compliance with the Policies and Procedures for California State University (CSU) Auxiliary Organizations
- Serves as Corporate Public Broadcasting (CPB) Grant Administrator, oversees all CPB reporting functions, and ensures the timely delivery of all CPB reports
- Manages all audit related and banking activities
- Reviews all month-end closing activities including general ledger accounts, balance sheet accounts and overhead cost allocation
- Seeks enhancement of financial and accounting systems, processes, tools and control systems
- Working with the GM, provides support and guidance to the Board of Directors and engages them around issues, trends, and changes in our business and operating models. Serves as staff liaison to the Finance and Audit Committees of the Board
- Ensures fulfillment of and compliance with various partnership and donor reporting requirements
- 10 years of progressive experience in a finance officer role
- Demonstrated ability to confidently present reports to staff, the Board and other external constituents
- Excellent analytical, reasoning, and problem-solving skills
- Passionate about building an inclusive and equitable culture and workforce
- Possess high emotional intelligence skills
- Possess good written and verbal communication skills
- Passionate about public media, journalism and/or music
Other Competencies for Success:
Strategic Advisor: In a dynamic environment looking to grow, work with the management team to develop and implement CapRadio’s strategic vision:
- Serve as a strategic advisor to senior leadership, providing analytical frameworks and business judgment necessary to evaluate key decisions and initiatives
- Utilize forward-looking models and activity-based analysis to provide financial insight into the organization’s plans and operating budgets
- Achieve trusted-advisor status with the Executive team
Team Leader: In an organization seeking ways to better service and support a diverse group of business stakeholders – demonstrate the ability to listen to multiple points of view and motivate compliance with strategic administrative decisions.
- “Helicopter” from big picture, strategic issues to more granular levels of detail as needed
- Foster and sustain a collaborative relationship based on mutual respect across the organization and advocate for a stronger sense of teamwork and partnership
- Convey a passion for CapRadio’s public service mission and project values of collegiality, transparency and integrity
- Personal Characteristics:
- A pragmatic, collaborative, steady leader with highly developed relationship building skills; adept as an influencer and consensus builder
- An unquestioned reputation for integrity and ethics; a strong character that will quickly gain the trust of others
- A keen attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple tasks at once. Versatile, intuitive, and mission oriented
Remote work is temporarily available under Covid-19 compliant policies and protocols. Must be able to work onsite at our Sacramento, CA office at least three days a week once restrictions have been lifted.
The annual salary range for this position is $120,000.00-$135,000.00 a year. CapRadio also offers:
- Medical, dental, vision, chiropractic, and acupuncture insurance
- Long-Term Disability and Group Life Insurance
- Paid holidays
- Flexible Vacation
- Retirement plan with employer matching
- Flexible spending plan for health and dependent care
So, you’re going to apply? Great! Here are the steps:
Submit a cover letter and resume to https://capradio.recruitee.com/o/director-of-finance. You can address your cover letter to the hiring manager for this position: Jun Reina, General Manager.
Attn: Human Resources
7055 Folsom Blvd.
Sacramento, CA 95826
Capital Public Radio is an equal opportunity employer.