Cincinnati Public Radio seeks a producer for Cincinnati Edition, our live one-hour daily talk show. The Producer will be in charge of coming up with show topics, researching and gathering materials for discussion, identifying and scheduling guests, and coordinating with the host and assistant producer to produce an engaging local show each day.
Cincinnati Public Radio stations have been trusted members of the Greater Cincinnati community for almost 70 years. Cincinnati Edition has been a growing presence, informing the vibrant Cincinnati community since July 2013. Join an award-winning team that works to build connections, make a difference in the lives of listeners, and create a unique community that is informed, involved and inspired.
- Work with host and assistant producer to identify topics of interest, both timely and of long-term nature.
- Research topics for discussion with local relevance. Gather research material, news articles, study/poll information, etc., to put together a list of suggested questions and areas of discussion
- Find appropriate guests, gather their bios, and provide all necessary information for their show appearance
- Create web posts and promo blocks
- Screen listener calls, emails and social media contacts during the show
- Listen to all recorded show segments to edit when necessary for time and content
- Attend daily news meetings
- Bachelor’s degree with Journalism or Broadcasting background or equivalent
- Three to five years’ experience in radio as news host/reporter/producer
- Understanding of Cincinnati Public Radio’s programming and belief in our mission and vision
- Familiarity and appreciation for public radio news style
- Excellent writing, editing, and interviewing skills
- Solid project management and organizational skills
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and meet daily deadlines
- Ability to work with a diverse and creative team
- Demonstrated knowledge of broadcast production, editing and recording equipment (helpful, but not required).