The Development Director is responsible for regional underwriting activities of CoastAlaska and its member stations, with a primary emphasis on securing business and corporate support. In addition this position provides support for station based development activities.
Position responsibilities include:
- Responsible for a development plan to secure corporate and business support from regional, statewide and national businesses and non-profits.
- Responsible for securing underwriting contracts from businesses and non-profit organizations.
- Prepares contracts and negotiates copy for broadcast and digital presence.
- Review development revenue reports and provide support as needed.
- Writes funding proposals for business, corporate, foundation and government support.
- Serve as inspiration and support person for development staff across region.
We are looking for someone who values:
- Collaboration and teamwork – Excellent communication and organizational skills, able to manage critical deadlines. Willingness to mentor development staff and plan training for development staff who work at stations. Demonstrated ability to provide outstanding customer service in and outside our agency.
- Non-profit fundraising knowledge – Familiarity with public media fundraising or commercial broadcast sales with a demonstrated track record of sales or contract work. Ability to produce audio spots for broadcast.
- Flexibility – Ability to work in an evolving environment where it is necessary to prioritize multiple, competing tasks. Willingness to consult management team for priorities as appropriate. Consistently looking for ways to innovate
CoastAlaska, Inc. is a statewide non‑profit public media organization established by a collaboration of stations in coastal Alaska. CoastAlaska provides administrative, financial, development, engineering and technical support services to promote local community control of news and content in 26 stations across Alaska. Our employees work together from communities across Alaska.
Deadline: Open until filled and screening applications immediately. Interested candidates are encouraged to apply by 4/7/23
Salary: Range E, $53,500 to $68,000 annually, depending on experience, with a competitive benefit plan
To apply: To apply; please submit a letter of interest and your resume with three professional references by e-mail to applyDD@coastalaska.org.
CoastAlaska is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to building a culturally diverse staff and creating a working environment that promotes racial equity and inclusiveness. We believe attracting and retaining diverse staff is crucial to serving our community and fulfilling our mission. Women, Black, Indigenous and other people of color (BIPOC), LGBTQ+ individuals, people with disabilities and veterans are highly encouraged to apply.