The KSTK Development Director is responsible for developing and maintaining a plan to seek corporate business financial support from local, regional, and statewide sources for KSTK locally and for all CoastAlaska stations regionally. Planning and executing KSTK special events and membership drives in Wrangell in collaboration with KSTK staff. In addition this position provides support for station based development staff.
Position responsibilities include:
- Responsible for a development plan to secure corporate and business support from regional, statewide and national businesses and non-profits.
- Responsible for securing underwriting contracts from businesses and non-profit organizations.
- Prepares contracts and negotiates copy for broadcast and digital presence.
- Ensures radio underwriting and non-profit announcements are in compliance with FCC regulation and station guidelines.
- Coordinates with KSTK General Manager and staff in planning and conducting membership drives, auctions and special events.
- Writes funding proposals for business, corporate, foundation and government support.
- Serve as inspiration and support person for development staff across region.
We are looking for someone who values:
- Collaboration and teamwork – Excellent communication and organizational skills, able to manage critical deadlines. Demonstrated ability to provide outstanding customer service in and outside our agency.
- Non-profit fundraising knowledge – Familiarity with public media fundraising or commercial broadcast sales with a demonstrated track record of sales or contract work. Ability to produce audio spots for broadcast.
- Flexibility – Ability to work in an evolving environment where it is necessary to prioritize multiple, competing tasks. Willingness to consult management team for priorities as appropriate. Consistently looking for ways to innovate.
KSTK is a station owned by CoastAlaska, Inc., a statewide non‑profit public media organization established by a collaboration of stations in coastal Alaska. KSTK is a well established small station in Wrangell Alaska that provides strong local service including original news reporting and community access.
Deadline: Open until filled and screening applications immediately.
Salary: Range E, $53,500 to $68,000 annually, depending on experience, with a competitive benefit plan
To apply: To apply; please submit a letter of interest and your resume with three professional references by e-mail to applyDD@coastalaska.org.
KSTK/CoastAlaska is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to building a culturally diverse staff and creating a working environment that promotes racial equity and inclusiveness. We believe attracting and retaining diverse staff is crucial to serving our community and fulfilling our mission. Women, Black, Indigenous and other people of color (BIPOC), LGBTQ+ individuals, people with disabilities and veterans are highly encouraged to apply.