Produces original news reporting consistent with coverage priorities of 91.5 KRCC News; works as a backup host, to include the creation and delivery of newscasts; serves as a backup to Managing Editor; works in on-call and breaking news situations; helps maintain a digital and social media presence.
- Manage, plan, create, report, edit and produce multiple weekly segments for broadcast during Morning Edition, All Things Considered or other programming in conjunction with the KRCC Managing Editor; engineer and edit interviews, mix in editing software; write copy and post web versions of the same stories to KRCC.org to include photography and other visual elements as warranted.
- Supervise, train, provide work direction and problem solving assistance for freelancers and student workers and/or interns; assist in reviewing or overseeing work of less-experienced staff and serve as an editor for freelancers working on assigned special projects at the direction of the Managing Editor.
- Produce high quality audio pieces able to be pitched for national broadcast on NPR or other distributor.
- Direct, manage, edit, and schedule reporting as a backup for the Managing Editor.
- Assist with general KRCC station social media and website management.
- Oversee hosting of Morning Edition and/or All Things Considered in a backup capacity, to include board operation, and newscast gathering and delivery.
- Serve as a KRCC reporter as requested by Managing Editor for general assignments and in times of breaking news, to include on-call hours.
- Serve as on-air talent during membership drives as well as assist with all membership drive operations as needed.
- Coordinate and implement multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Participate in station activities as warranted.
- Exercise sound and ethical judgment, with a commitment to standards of objectivity, balance and fairness; directing Producers and Freelancers in this aspect of local program production.
- Maintain working knowledge of FCC rules and regulations to ensure adherence.
- Support and actively contribute to the goal of achieving greater diversity, inclusion and equity at Colorado College and work effectively with all members of the campus community.
- Promote a culture of safety and environmental protection by working in a safe manner; immediately reporting unsafe situations and accidents; following college procedures; and participating in appropriate safety training.
- Demonstrate environmental sustainability by using college resources wisely and supporting the college’s sustainability initiatives and innovation.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree plus a minimum of two years of experience as a producer or journalist for print, radio, or online news or culture sites, including experience producing and reporting multi-media for online media sites; proficient with Mac OSX, Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Audition, Photoshop, or similar programs; familiarity with HTML; excellent oral and written communication skills; ability to think critically and solve problems.
Supervisory experience and/or ability to assist in managing and directing content from staff, interns amd/or freelancers; familiarity with the culture and history of the Pikes Peak region. Please apply via our website at: https://employment.coloradocollege.edu/postings/4114
Please apply via our website at: https://employment.coloradocollege.edu/postings/4114