• Manage overall individual giving at KRCC, including implementing strategies to acquire new donors, increase individual giving and major giving revenues, as well as stewarding, prospecting, and cultivating major donors.
• Work closely with the General Manager to prospect for, steward, and cultivate donors capable of making large donations of $1,200 and above.
• Maintain and produce all necessary donor records in a timely manner as required by CPB, FCC, IRS and other governmental agencies that may request such documentation.
• Analyze historical data, including sustainer-giving habits, to design pledge drive and overall membership revenue goals for the fiscal year; study expense, revenue and projection of past drives and anticipate future trends.
• Manage the reconciling of donations, premiums and donor records to Blackbaud’s Raiser’s Edge and Colorado College’s accounting software; train staff and supervise data entry; provide data entry backup as needed.
• Support multiple deadlines and deliver high quality work on time.
• Design, manage and coordinate all aspects of three to four yearly on-air fund drives, including strategy, communication, goal setting, pre-produced fundraising announcements, web fundraising campaigns and graphics as well as staff engagement and training.
• Maintain up-to date knowledge of current and future public media fundraising techniques and trends; advise General Manager of opportunities to enhance existing processes and technologies.
• Write copy for and manage direct mail program including generating and updating mailing lists; liaison with mail house; write copy for email newsletters; write copy for all donor and listener communications, coordinating with various departments as needed; develop print, audio and video materials for individual fundraising and KRCC awareness programs/campaigns and handles all follow-through.
• Develop KRCC’s online fundraising presence, to include managing donation pages, social media giving options, and individual giving information on KRCC’s website.
• Develop, negotiate and maintain relationships with outside vendors and suppliers.
• Create member service policies and procedures; train and supervise volunteers and other assistants as needed.
• Create and manage membership engagement events and strategies with KRCC staff/Colorado College assistance.
• Develop and maintain a complete and comprehensive knowledge of the station’s donor database; serve as the primary contact for database updates and upgrades.
• Provide analysis and interpretation of individual KRCC giving trends and fundraising effectiveness as well as develop strategic and long-range planning for individual giving growth.
• Create and manage KRCC membership budgeting, suggesting improvements for strategic spending.
• Manage CC Finance and Administration and Advancement office efforts to ensure accuracy of donor records; review of membership database integrity, data entry, code tables, and recommending data standards.
Bachelor’s degree plus a minimum of three years of directly related experience including professional responsibility for an equivalent functional role in donor relations, public media development, major giving, fundraising coordination and customer service/support; excellent oral and written communication skills; comfortable interacting regularly with diverse groups and individuals; demonstrated success in cultivating major donors; demonstrated experience asking for major gifts; exemplary time-management skills and ability to deliver quality work on multiple deadlines; strong analytical skills; excellent organizational and accuracy abilities; good judgment and ability to handle confidential/sensitive information with discretion; ability to think critically and solve problems on your own;, ability to operate standard office equipment.