This is foremost a digital editor position. The Classical Editor has an established, successful track record in written and visual storytelling and editing web copy, with the primary goal of deeply engaging current audiences and developing new and diverse audiences for CPR Classical. The Classical Editor has an understanding of and passion for classical music, a keen interest in cultural trends, and a focus on helping Coloradans discover CPR Classical. The Classical Digital Editor is fluent in metrics for building a digital audience. This position will also host at least one shift per week on-air and may periodically produce and voice audio content for broadcast and digital platforms.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Craft highly compelling written and visual content, designed to drive new listeners to CPR Classical’s broadcast and digital platforms.
- Edit, post and schedule web articles written by CPR Classical hosts / producers.
- Create and manage a new online classical e-Newsletter one to three times per month.
- Collaborate regularly with CPR Classical hosts / producers / social media team in coordinating content posting.
- Research current classical music and cultural news, events, trends and issues - locally, nationally and internationally to find content that builds young & diverse audiences for CPR Classical.
- Help identify and research how, why and where people access and consume classical music in their lives.
- Align with CPR Classical’s marketing and promotional strategy and goals.
- Host at least one shift per week on-air.
- Assist with classical audio production.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Travel and non-standard working hours may be required
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Superb writing skills and style that is direct and engaging
- 5 years in cultural writing and visual storytelling; writing for radio strongly preferred
- 2-3 years editing written digital content
- A passion for classical music
- Fluent in all digital platforms and social media
- General PC competency and familiarity with audio editing software
- Willingness to voice and produce audio for special projects
To apply, submit a cover letter that includes where you learned of the job opening, resume, three professional references and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Classical Editor" in the subject line. Please include two recent web articles, and two recent digital samples showing compelling use of photos and/or video. (web or social)
Please also include links to audio samples of any work in voicing, broadcast, or audio production. (Optional)
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Colorado Public Radio is an equal opportunity employer and encourages workplace diversity.