Colorado Public Radio's expansion continues with the creation of the Audio Innovations Studio. The executive producer leads the Audio Innovations Studio in developing and producing podcasts, on-demand audio experiences and documentaries across all of CPR’s core services, with a primary focus on developing new products from CPR News. Manages the team and works across departments and with external partners on developing new products to build new Colorado and national audiences. Advocates for and leads innovation across the organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Recruit and manage the studio team and freelance resources, including editors, producers, sound designers; and personnel with technology, marketing, social media and visual expertise.
- Set strategy for new audio products that will drive audience and engagement, working with content services and Marketing to determine audience needs and opportunities.
- Manages the ideation, development and production of all new podcasts and on-demand audio, from pitch to execution, including production budget and revenue potential.
- Collaborate with News leadership, to evaluate and execute on-going, short-term and timely news podcasts, documentaries and other products.
- Collaborate with the leadership of CPR Classical and Indie 102.3 to identify projects, talent and resources for products for the music services.
- Explore audio product development beyond CPR’s current services when talent and opportunities arise.
- Establish and maintain benchmarks for successful audio on-demand products. Use metrics to identify and implement opportunities for growth. Evaluate current portfolio. Sunset productions when necessary.
- Work with the digital team to ensure effective digital and social media content and promotion of audio content.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Minimum of five years strong journalism and/or documentary experience.
- Minimum of five years developing audio content with proven reach and impact. Experience working in a variety of podcast formats, including longform features and chatcasts. experience working with Apple, NPR One, Spotify or other on-demand audio platforms ideal.
- Minimum of three years experience managing a team of specialists across a range of disciplines.
To apply, submit a cover letter that includes where you learned of the job opening, resume, three professional references and salary expectations to email@example.com with "Executive Producer" in the subject line. Please also include links to samples of your work or projects you have led.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
No phone calls or drop ins please. Competitive salary and benefits.
Colorado Public Radio is an equal opportunity employer and encourages workplace diversity