Essential Job Functions
The Director of Digital Products and Strategic Initiatives provides a wide range of services. Applicants must have the ability to complete the following essential job functions:
- Executes the Digital Services Bureau vision, strategy, product road map, and ways of working as forecasted by the Chief Digital Officer (CDO) and the VP, Data and Digital Services Bureau.
- Facilitates and delivers technology to achieve specific business outcomes around digital experience across multiple platforms including; web, email, audio and visual streaming services like OTT and smart speakers, mobile apps, social media, display, and new emerging technologies.
- Oversees product and feature discovery to find new ways to lift KPI's related to reducing friction, audience satisfaction, and nurturing new members.
Defines and manages UX performance toward business objectives.
- Maintains an understanding of the needs of internal and external stakeholders based on existing market research, competitive intelligence and needs analysis and coordinate with Audience Insights to identify additional market research, competitive intelligence, analytics and machine learning solutions that can be used to identify refined internal and external digital content needs.
- Partners with Marketing to create and execute a plan to support the design of digital content, the distribution of the content, and the measurement of the effectiveness of digital content. This plan will include outlining a structured strategy and approach in collaboration with the CDO and VP / Data and Digital Services Bureau.
- Partners collaboratively across all stakeholder groups to support the development of plans to enhance the design of digital content, digital platforms and build a feedback loop to continually enhance the external and internal digital experience.
- Works with the Audience Insights Team to analyze and leverage analytics, market research, competitive intelligence information, and compare identified needs to current content in order to inform the success of products and engagement with our platforms.
- Continually monitors analytics and manages the continuous refinement and improvement of digital content and distribution challenges.
- Evaluates existing technology and data solutions from a user experience standpoint and identifies/creates enhancements to the appearance and display of digital information to increase usability, value and enhanced decision making.
- Establishes clear expectations and holds team accountable for performance, achieving objectives and driving impact.
- Maintains strong awareness of the competitive landscape and UX trends, while constantly searching for new creative ideas, technology and innovation outlets.
- Analyzes the feasibility of, and develops requirements to, support existing platforms and create new digital capabilities.
- Manages team resourcing and capacity, understanding team workload and prioritization of business needs.
- Organizes sprint planning and priorities, agile thinking, and scrum framework with team.
- Integrates user research studies, analytics, and market analysis into product requirements.
- Helps product team move forward swiftly through rigor, discipline, and transparency in decision making and removing roadblocks
- Supports the design process based on core and brand messages established by the Marketing Department and perform agreed-upon development while increasing quality and the user experience.
- Knows how and when to say no. Manages expectations in order to create a backlog with items that will likely get realized and excluding ‘waste’
- Has ear to the ground always to find new opportunities.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Domain expertise in digital media and marketing technologies, and deep familiarity with web/mobile, social, email, and media technology, processes, and tools.
- New digital platform trends.
- Working in an agile/scrum and lean environment.
- Site optimization (i.e., A/B testing, Multivariate testing) and personalization.
- Content management systems and website redesign projects.
- How emerging digital trends can translate into excellent audience experiences.
- Digital platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, twitter, Snapchat as well as a passion for discovering new products on sites like Product Hunt
- UX, working with data, and product design.
- Web site content design and implementation.
- Analytics - Google Adwords, Google Analytics, Google Business, Social Media, Customer Relationship Management, Sales Analytics, and Marketing Analytics
- Organization, details and self-management and multi-tasking in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, while adaptive to change as well as planning, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Helping an organization transform and innovate
- Communication and collaboration with colleagues and at all levels of the organization.
- Prioritize across competing priorities and juggle several work streams with multiple stakeholders.
- Influence, inspire, and mobilize individuals and teams.
- Anticipate business needs and drive clarity in ambiguous situations.
- Embrace change, embody a continuous improvement mindset, and exemplify agile principles in day-to-day activities.
- Synthesize user feedback and data to make data informed decisions.
- Adapt to changing business priorities while still possessing a strong work ethic.
Job functions are typically performed under conditions such as those found in general office or administrative work. This position is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
Position Type / Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time, salary exempt position that is currently fully COVID-remote. Duties are routinely performed Monday through Friday between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.; however, some evening and weekend support is required.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Graphic Design,or a closely related field AND/OR a minimum of five (5) years’ digital marketing experience in developing media strategies and managing projects with digital platforms AND five (5) years working with analytics teams, agencies and social media experience OR five (5) years' experience designing and building web site content Experience with rich media CMS and modern CRM systems is strongly recommended.
The physical activities of this position may include frequent virtual and, later, in-person interactions. While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit at a desk/computer workstation for prolonged periods, perform extensive data entry and other computer-related tasks stand, and talk, lift objects of less than twenty (20) pounds, and hear. Manipulative skills, which require hand-eye coordination, such as reading or typing,, close manipulation, and writing, and filing are also required. Additionally, the employee must have the ability to diagnose problems and operate computer equipment, as well as concentrate for extended periods with frequent interruption and understand and relate to the concepts behind specific ideas.
Applications are only accepted through our careers portal: https://ctpublic.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/1/home/requisition/18?c=ctpublic