ABOUT DETROIT PUBLIC TV
Detroit Public TV (DPTV) is Michigan’s largest and most watched television station serving Southeastern Michigan, and serves the most diverse public television audience in the country. DPTV is also the state’s only community-licensed station, meaning it operates independent of any educational, government or other institution. Its funding comes from the community it serves.
Each week more than two million people watch our four broadcast channels, and nearly 200,000 people listen to our radio station, WRCJ 90.9 FM for classical days and jazzy nights. In addition, DPTV is building the next generation of public media with our rapidly growing digital presence which has grown to reach more than half a million unique visitors through our website, YouTube channels, and social media platforms each month.
Our core values: excellence, innovation, trust, diversity, engagement, and financial sustainability are evident in everything we do. From the engaging content we provide, to the way we work with viewers, supporters, board members and employees, to the local events we host, DPTV connects with thousands of our fellow community members each year.
Does the idea of joining our team of dedicated professionals with different backgrounds and experiences excite you? If so, we invite you to join us in our mission to educate, engage, entertain, and inspire through the power of public media.
For more information about DPTV, please visit the website www.dptv.org.
We are actively pursuing a dynamic and diverse team member to join us in the role of Broadcast Operations Coordinator in Wixom, MI.
The Broadcast Operations Coordinator manages the daily workflow for the Michigan Learning Channel in the programming department at DPTV to ensure that all programming content is aired as scheduled without incident and is FCC compliant.
• Scheduling all “break material” between programs and every element that is intended for airing during each program
• Scheduling and advising on programming for 56.5
• Coordinating promos with all departments, to insure they are completed in a timely manner and in sync with overall communication strategy
• Download daily program information Protrack or other comparable system
• Assist in monitoring and tracking program rights
• Generate reports of broadcast of spots for clients
• Other duties as assigned.
• Must be able to handle many tasks at one time, while paying attention to detail, in that every second of airtime must be accounted for accurately
• Must understand technical requirements of broadcast operations to implement all desired elements in each broadcast stream
• Must possess working knowledge of program providers
• Excellent communication with other departments
• Strong computer skills
• Problem solving skills and attention to detail
• Ability to be a self-starter and problem-solver and work well with others
• High School diploma
• 3+ years of broadcast scheduling experience preferred
• Knowledge of broadcast scheduling systems
• Knowledge of broadcast automation systems
What you’ll get:
As part of the DPTV family, you will enjoy a complete package of benefits, including medical, dental, vision, 403(b) with employer match, HSA/FSA, life insurance, paid vacation days and paid holidays.
In addition to the benefits you’d expect, our engaging and welcoming environment is a place where you can:
• Experience the rewarding feeling of knowing you are a part of an organization committed to the greater good of the community.
• Take a little time for fun and friendship. It’s not uncommon to catch people doing yoga together at lunch, conversing about their favorite part of a story during a book club meeting or enjoying a walk around the pond on a nice sunny day.
• Continue to grow and learn through opportunities for personal and professional development.
• Share your input, knowing that your ideas are valued and always welcome.
• Be yourself! We believe your uniqueness makes you an even greater asset to the team.
Send resume and cover letter to:
WTVS Detroit Public Television
1 Clover Court
Wixom, MI 48393-2247
*No telephone calls or third parties. Please include the title of the position in the subject line of the email.