ABOUT DETROIT PUBLIC TV
Detroit Public TV (DPTV) is Michigan’s largest and most watched television station serving Southeastern Michigan, and serves the most diverse public television audience in the country. DPTV is also the state’s only community-licensed station, meaning it operates independent of any educational, government or other institution. Its funding comes from the community it serves.
Each week more than two million people watch our four broadcast channels, and nearly 200,000 people listen to our radio station, WRCJ 90.9 FM for classical days and jazzy nights. In addition, DPTV is building the next generation of public media with our rapidly growing digital presence which has grown to reach more than half a million unique visitors through our website, YouTube channels, and social media platforms each month.
Our core values: excellence, innovation, trust, diversity, engagement, and financial sustainability are evident in everything we do. From the engaging content we provide, to the way we work with viewers, supporters, board members and employees, to the local events we host, DPTV connects with thousands of our fellow community members each year.
Does the idea of joining our team of dedicated professionals with different backgrounds and experiences excite you? If so, we invite you to join us in our mission to educate, engage, entertain, and inspire through the power of public media.
For more information about DPTV, please visit the website www.dptv.org.
The Station Relations & Pledge Producer is responsible for managing the production, creative team, crew, script, budget, packaging and deliverables of DPTV’s national and local television productions, pledge events, and initiatives, as well as producing DPTV local pledge events. Also responsible for managing PBS and local station marketing efforts for nationally distributed programs, series, and initiatives.
- Produce local and national television programs, series, fundraising programs, digital content, and pledge events.
- Produce marketing videos including promos, teasers, and toolkits.
- Maintain a working knowledge of program, product, and fundraising trends nationally.
- Manage program and pledge talent guest relations, and donor requirements including travel, schedules, tickets, in-kind donations, acknowledgements, etc. for all national program and pledge productions.
- Compile program and performance research and information as required.
- Develop and manage national marketing/station relations campaigns for all DPTV productions and initiatives to PBS station programmers, pledge producers, and digital content producers nation-wide.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with PBS station programmers and pledge producers across the United States.
- Produce local pledge programming.
- Coordinate national event initiatives and tours/concerts in promotion of national pledge events and station relations marketing efforts for select programs/initiatives.
- Manage production intern assignments/tasks/schedules.
- Create and maintain a timeline of standards and required assets needed from other DPTV producers for effective program station relations and distribution.
- Manage third party ancillary product relationships and negotiations for national pledge programs. Negotiate and confirm all pricing information and product details related to premium items purchased from third party vendors including books, CDs and DVDs.
- Manage coordination and communication of all details internally and externally.
- Track and analyze DPTV station sales, program carriage, programmer feedback, and ratings.
- Coordinate all press and promotions related to premiere national projects including web, on-air and local media; working with DPTV Communications team, program publicity agent(s) and other related contacts.
- Assist in the planning of local pledge program schedules based on tickets, special guests and past program performance.
- On-air host for DPTV pledge drives and other programs as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to negotiate effectively
- Ability to manage resources effectively
- Ability to work independently under pressure with minimal supervision
- Ability to contribute creative ideas
- Excellent organizational ability with strong attention to details
- Excellent follow up skills
- Excellent script and proposal writing skills
- Ability to interact and work in a team environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications or similar discipline, or equivalent experience
- 2+ years production experience
- 2+ years marketing experience
- 2+ years of experience managing project budgets
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Word, and Excel
What you’ll get:
As part of the DPTV family, you will enjoy a complete package of benefits, including medical, dental, vision, 403(b) with employer match, HSA/FSA, life insurance, paid vacation days and paid holidays.
In addition to the benefits you’d expect, our engaging and welcoming environment is a place where you can:
- Experience the rewarding feeling of knowing you are a part of an organization committed to the greater good of the community.
- Take a little time for fun and friendship. It’s not uncommon to catch people doing yoga together at lunch, conversing about their favorite part of a story during a book club meeting or enjoying a walk around the pond on a nice sunny day.
- Continue to grow and learn through opportunities for personal and professional development.
- Share your input, knowing that your ideas are valued and always welcome.
- Be yourself! We believe your uniqueness makes you an even greater asset to the team.
Send resume and cover letter to:
WTVS Detroit Public Television
1 Clover Court
Wixom, MI 48393-2247
*No telephone calls or third parties.Please include the title of the position in the subject line of the email.