GBH enriches people's lives through programs and services that educate, inspire, and entertain, fostering citizenship and culture, the joy of learning, and the power of diverse perspectives.
National Audience Development & Station Marketing consists of Station Relations and National Marketing, targeting station executives and media outlets to build an audience, visibility ,and engagement with WGBH (and partners) public media broadcast, digital, and community initiatives. The department’s strategic campaigns, outreach, collateral, and events, created for internal and external clients, contribute to WGBH’s national brand and help it to achieve project and institutional goals.
The AAE works closely with the Directors and staff of NAD/SM to maintain and expand the team’s services and projects, creating and implementing campaigns and initiatives that increase each project’s visibility, awareness, audience, and value across traditional and digital platforms.
The Assistant Account Executive contributes to the implementation of integrated marketing campaigns, events, and communications for projects and initiatives produced, presented, and/or supported by GBH both for public television & radio stations, and for print, electronic and digital media outlets. Responsibilities include event logistics and communications; creating, distributing, and supporting the creation and distribution of print, digital and social media assets; creating targeted lists for media placements; and public television station decision-makers; gathering data and generating reports, and working closely with NAD & SM staff to implement initiatives. Some travel as well as evening and weekend work may be required.
- Assist in the execution of campaigns and activities.
- Research, compile and generate media lists, broadcast reports, and other key documents
- Coordinate events at industry meetings or local stations.
- Contribute to production, review, and distribution of marketing materials.
- Support the department’s ongoing activities, including meeting logistics and project deliverables.
- Provide general office support; coordinate meeting logistics; keep an inventory of marketing materials; update research, databases, and external sources as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent organizational and communications skills are required, as is the ability to prioritize and juggle many tasks, often under a deadline, while remaining detail-oriented.
- The ability to work in a collaborative manner with an aptitude for cultivating positive relationships is essential, as are poise and self-direction in handling responsibilities.
- Proficiency in a rand of data, social media, and communications platforms is essential; Google platforms experience is preferred.
- MuckRack and social media experience
- Excellent writing, spelling, and proof-reading skills
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
A Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience; 1-2 years of relevant employment and experience in the areas of communications, media relations and promotion is preferred.
This is a staff position
CWA Local 1400 union position
GBH is an equal opportunity employer. The community and audience we serve are diverse, and we wish to foster that diversity in our workplace. Toward that end, GBH does not discriminate against individuals in hiring, employment, or promotion based on race, religion, color, sex/gender, gender identity and gender expression, age, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation, citizenship, disability, veteran or military status, political belief, pregnancy, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Application Process Assistance
GBH will reasonably accommodate applicants with disabilities who need adjustments to participate in the application or interview process. To initiate an accommodation request, contact the Human Resource department by sending an email to email@example.com or by calling 617-300-2000.