GBH enriches people's lives through programs and services that educate, inspire, and entertain, fostering citizenship and culture, the joy of learning, and the power of diverse perspectives.
The Media Access Group creates captions, subtitles and descriptions for a variety of media clients, including PBS and commercial television networks, movies, DVDs, digital media and environmental installations. The Media Access Group (MAG) is a pioneer in making media accessible for people with sensory disabilities. The Caption Center (TCC) was the first captioning agency in the world. We helped pioneer the development of line-21 closed captioning for viewers who are deaf or hard of hearing and we remain on the forefront of caption technology. Our audio description unit, Descriptive Video Service (DVS), provides important information about the visual elements of a program through the use of an additional narrative audio track.
Under the supervision of MAG LA operations managers, the Broadcast Coordinator MAG-LA is responsible for the input/output (I/O) of all media received for MAG Production. This includes ingest coordination for all source files, scripts and digital reference material. The Broadcast Coordinator works with MAG LA management, broadcast clients and MAG contractors; through monitoring, logging and processing all incoming and outgoing media files, DVD media and download links. Additionally, the Broadcast Coordinator will clean production scripts for MAG production by reorganizing original script content or transcribing new material to make scripts accurate to media.
This is a Part-time 2nd shift schedule for this position is from 6:00 PM to 10:00 PM Monday thru Friday with a possibility to become full time dependent on experience and performance of job functions.
- Encode, trans code and Ingest of all source files, digital media and DVD references.
- Log, organize and group content according to MAG policy and procedures for maximum facility input and output.
- Confirm and track all incoming deliveries and facilitate internal documentation and communication.
- Clean production scripts for MAG production; reorganizing and/or transcribing new material to make scripts accurate to media.
- Work with management teams to maintain functionality and proficiency of MAG systems.
- Provide discovery and analysis of I/O workflows to collaboratively achieve metrics based improvements.
- Manage deliveries between MAG partners, contractors and operations department.
- Troubleshoot file delivery issues and regularly audit production tools, workflow processes and communication, implementing optimizations and changes as needed.
- Oversee video storage/archives, providing regular and ad hoc maintenance.
- Assist in planning and implementing of I/O enhancements and efficiencies.
- Support the entire MAG team including Captioning and DVS Department.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Knowledge of video/audio equipment and computer software packages used by the Media Access Group. Thorough understanding of MAG LA procedures, media routing, computer systems, and administrative/production systems.
- Demonstrated excellence in writing and editing, including high level proofreading skills.
- Fast and accurate typing skills for extensive transcription.
- Ability to meet short deadlines as a member of a highly organized team.
- Attention to detail, ability to work rapidly, excellent problem-solving skills required.
This is a CWA Local 1400 union position.
GBH is an equal opportunity employer. The community and audience we serve is diverse, and we wish to foster that diversity in our workplace. Toward that end, GBH does not discriminate against individuals in hiring, employment or promotion on the basis of race, religion, color, sex/gender, gender identity and gender expression, age, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation, citizenship, handicap or disability, veteran or military status, political belief, pregnancy, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.