GBH enriches people's lives through programs and services that educate, inspire, and entertain, fostering citizenship and culture, the joy of learning, and the power of diverse perspectives.
NOVA is the most popular prime time science series on American television, demystifying the scientific and technological concepts that shape and define our lives, our planet, and our universe. NOVA’s important and inspiring stories of human ingenuity, exploration, and the quest for knowledge are regularly recognized with the industry’s most prestigious awards. As part of its mission to make the scientific enterprise accessible to all, NOVA is committed to diversity and inclusiveness in all its work, from the production process to the range of stories we tell and voices we feature.
The Digital Editor will fill an important dual role for the series, focused on both science writing and audience engagement. They will dedicate roughly 60% of their time dedicated to digital engagement and multimedia projects, including social media, email newsletters, and more. The remaining 40% of their time will be spent pitching, reporting, and writing a variety of content for NOVA’s website, including but not limited to news stories, brief news summaries, features, profiles, and pieces that tie in with NOVA’s other content.
- Research and write news and feature articles for the NOVA website
- With the Senior Digital Editor, create and execute social media campaigns for NOVA’s channels, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Reddit, and YouTube,
- Develop and write content for NOVA’s weekly newsletters
- Provide the digital and editorial teams with data on social media performance and other digital metrics, as needed
- Writing a range of content for a digital environment
- Ability to develop stories that incorporate multimedia (including short-form video and graphics)
- Attention to detail, research and fact-checking skills, commitment to journalistic accuracy, and the ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Experience writing in a range of content for a digital environment and collaborating across teams
- Proven ability to write compelling stories and copy under tight deadlines
1-3 years’ experience as a science journalist and/or social media editor in a STEM field
Bachelor’s degree in science, journalism or a related media field is preferred.
This is a project contract position
GBH is an equal opportunity employer. The community and audience we serve is diverse, and we wish to foster that diversity in our workplace. Toward that end, GBH does not discriminate against individuals in hiring, employment or promotion on the basis of race, religion, color, sex/gender, gender identity and gender expression, age, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation, citizenship, handicap or disability, veteran or military status, political belief, pregnancy, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law
Please apply for the position on our career site at https://publicmedia.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WGBH_Careers/job/Remote/Digital-Editor-for-NOVA_R001046