GBH enriches people's lives through programs and services that educate, inspire, and entertain, fostering citizenship and culture, the joy of learning, and the power of diverse perspectives.
GBH News is a cohesive, audience-focused, multimedia news organization creating distinctive journalism informed by the communities with cover.
As part of GBH News, the mission of GBH Forum Network is to project and protect the public voice, to inform and inspire lifelong learners, and to foster deeper understanding of the culture, education, politics, science, and literature of our time.
The Forum Network is a public media service funded by the Lowell Institute to document public speaking in the Boston region delivered by the world's foremost scholars, authors, artists, scientists, policymakers, and community leaders. Recordings are made available online to the public for free and are a resource of information and sourcing for GBH News. The Forum Network is committed to encouraging deeper understanding and civic engagement around the vital issues of our time.
The Project Manager will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Forum Network, including collaboration with partners, conceiving of formats, planning and recording public speaking events. Their skill set will ensure that event recordings are well-produced, edited and published in a consistent manner on the Forum Network website. They will connect with GBH stakeholders and departments who have a direct relationship to Forum Network content through the website, event calendars, member newsletters, and local events. They will help set digital goals and maintain a consistent team workflow, as well as grow and foster connections to various organizations in the Boston region.
Successful candidates will have experience in event or show planning, digital publishing, website management, newsletter communications and directing recorded productions.
A commitment to producing digital assets for free adult education is our emphasis. Other duties include writing, cataloguing assets and media management, curation of assets on the Forum Network website and in social media platforms, analysis of digital data, and maintaining external partnerships.
- Plan virtual recordings, shoot HD video in the field and prepare video for digital distribution
- Execute on Forum Network’s website and social media workflow
- Participate in setting project goals
- Suggest editorial themes and pitch new recording opportunities
- Operate all technical equipment to ensure the overall quality of productions. Oversee studio and remote recordings.
- Stay current on technology and obtain tools for improving video, audio, or editing quality.
- Seek opportunities for new partnerships, follow GBH News tentpole issues as editorial direction, work closely with GBH News in creating content from our access to speakers to inform a News audience.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Capable of capturing the visual and audio elements of HD video
- Familiarity with video editing software
- Experience publishing to a website
- Solid writing and copy-editing skills
- Knowledge of Photoshop and other illustration tools
- Proficiency with social media platforms
- The ability to liaise with and direct our program partners
- The ability problem solve in a live event
- The ability to play an active role in the maintenance and further development of the project
- Familiarity with SEO and web statistics
- Video animation and graphic design skills are a plus
- Two years overseeing a digital initiative or project and professional HD video shooting, editing, and digital publishing.
Bachelors degree or higher
GBH is an equal opportunity employer. The community and audience we serve is diverse, and we wish to foster that diversity in our workplace. Toward that end, GBH does not discriminate against individuals in hiring, employment or promotion on the basis of race, religion, color, sex/gender, gender identity and gender expression, age, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation, citizenship, handicap or disability, veteran or military status, political belief, pregnancy, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.