GBH enriches people's lives through programs and services that educate, inspire, and entertain, fostering citizenship and culture, the joy of learning, and the power of diverse perspectives.
The GBH Production Group oversees GBH production and post-production operations and is comprised of two divisions:
GBH Studios which manage and staff studio and EFP production, Fraser Studio operations, GBH public spaces, and the remote studio at Boston Public Library.
GBH OutPost, which provides post-production services, including color-grading and online, audio mixing and sweetening, sound booth recording, and duplication/encoding operations.
The Studio Production Manager is responsible for managing the relationship with our internal and external clients, booking studio spaces and crew, and initiating the invoicing for those services.
- Day-to-day point of contact for clients renting the Calderwood Studio, Fraser Performance Studio, Studio-B, the GBH Digital Studio, Yawkey Theater, Atrium, and the Boston Public Library Studio.
- Schedule and supervise GBH and freelance crew to support our production operations.
- Coordination of EFP and virtual productions, including OpenReel booking and virtual kit distribution.
- Hire freelance carpenters, assign scenics work, and assist in storage management.
- Manage schedule, and bill for social media streams.
- Schedule and bill through MediaPulse software.
- Oversee all elements of recorded or live productions/events.
- Support Media Management for external clients.
Must have strong customer service skills.
Five to seven years of experience in video production.
Must possess the technical knowledge to plan, support, budget and execute our client’s productions.
Able to prepare production schedules including rehearsals and production dates and times.
Work with outside vendors who create, build and deliver production and lighting equipment and sets.
Possess excellent communication, supervisory, and problem solving skills.
Familiarity with managing and troubleshooting stream feeds through vMix and Open Reel.
Strong ability to evaluate and apply program plans.
Ability to work both independently and as part of a team is required.
Meet critical deadlines.
Work effectively, and with diplomacy and sensitivity, with all members of the team.
Well-honed analytical skills.
Advanced use of Microsoft Excel.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelors/Masters Degree or equivalent work experience.
GBH is an equal opportunity employer. The community and audience we serve is diverse, and we wish to foster that diversity in our workplace. Toward that end, GBH does not discriminate against individuals in hiring, employment or promotion on the basis of race, religion, color, sex/gender, gender identity and gender expression, age, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation, citizenship, handicap or disability, veteran or military status, political belief, pregnancy, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.