Georgia Public Broadcasting is hiring a Media Operations Technician on the Media Operations Team. Media Operations is the air traffic control of GPB. Our team coordinates all inbound content, processes it to meet high quality standards, and ensures its timely delivery to destinations and distribution channels. Every department in the organization coordinates with and relies on the Media Operations team.
We are seeking a responsible applicant with initiative and drive. Someone who cares deeply about high-quality, public media. The ideal candidate will be fascinated by all points of the media supply chain workflow, including content acquisition, ingest, quality control, post-production, live broadcast and online streaming, channel and partner distribution, and archival/librarian operations.
Our top candidate will be a team player—a people person—who can communicate tasks, set expectations clearly and is eager to learn new systems and tools. They will need to be articulate and collected, especially in the fast-paced live radio, traffic, streaming and TV environments where peers will be working with dedication and a sense of urgency.
The Media Operations Technician will work closely with team members, clients, vendors, and contractors; strong written/verbal communication, interpersonal and customer service skills are mandatory for success. GPB is a collaborative organization that values new ideas and team members who bring a positive approach to their work. The Media Operations Technician reports to the Director of Media Operations.
• Complete and submit broadcast logs to Master Control.
• Segmentation of programs in Ross/Exchange for LIVE Fundraising.
• Archive media.
• Duplication/Ingest/Upload content for National distribution.
• Routing Sources for LIVE events and Streams.
• Upload GPB Programs to various sources.
• FTP Delivery Process.
• Understand industry standard Closed Captioning standards.
• Performs flexible work schedule and assignments to meet the requirements of individual productions.
• Assists with administrative tasks as needed and substitutes for co-workers in temporary absence of same.
• Performs other related duties as required.
• A degree in Media, Journalism, Technology, Arts, or an adjacent field of study is ideal; and/or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job.
• Must be a calm and effective communicator—able to accommodate dynamic priorities with composure and confidence.
• Must have strong interpersonal skills and be capable of working as part of a team with a collaborative attitude toward meeting deadlines and sharing workloads to meet objectives.
• Prior experience working or interning in a media operation, venue A/V team, theatre, recording studio or film crew is highly desired.
• Prior experience with production and asset management systems (ex.: Ross/Exchange, BitCentral, Primestream, Adobe Premiere, Avid, FileZilla etc.) is highly desired, but not required.
• Experience working with physical media—Beta, XDCAM, DVD, 3/4” cassettes—is a plus.
• Strong technical aptitudes and an ability to pick up software-centric workflows with ease required.
• Must be available to work non-traditional schedules/holidays/weekends, including varying shifts, and some nights.
We Offer: Paid holidays, vacation and sick leave, retirement plans; Pre-tax benefits for health, dental, vision, life, specified illness, and accidental insurance; Health and childcare spending accounts; Disability insurance; and opportunities for training and professional development.
To Apply: Upload resume, cover letter, references and an applicant form on the GPB Job Center located at www.gpb.org/jobs. ONLY Applications submitted through the GPB Job Center with a complete application, resume AND cover letter WILL BE ACCEPTED.
Deadline to Apply: Open Until Filled
Georgia Public Broadcasting is an Equal Opportunity Employer