Georgia Public Broadcasting (GPB) is hiring a producer to work on our weekly radio talk show, Georgia In Play with Leah Fleming. We are looking for a seasoned journalist who is curious and interested in pitching a myriad of topics that have a tie to Georgians. They will use journalism skills to identify potential talk segments, prepare background materials to help guide the host’s interviews, including conducting pre-interviews of the guests and writing suggested intros. The producer will be responsible for social media for the show, will post each show to the web and podcast platforms and may occasionally report, write, and voice stories for air. GPB is a cross-platform organization where all content producers are expected to produce radio, television, and digital content. We’re a highly collaborative organization that values new ideas.
• High-level writing and copy-editing skills, especially on the web, social media.
• Knowledge of all what is important to Georgians in such topics as Entertainment, Sports, Arts and Culture, Politics, Social Justice, Health and Wellness, Pop culture.
• Ability to book and produce quickly, and pivot with topics if needed.
• Strong communication about deadlines and pitches as the team continues to work remotely, and in person.
• Experience gathering and editing audio on Adobe Audition or similar software strongly preferred.
• Avid social media user and content creator.
• At least three years of journalism experience required; public radio experience ideal.
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field; and/or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job.
• Ability to multi-task, collaborate with others, meet deadlines and work in a fast-paced atmosphere.
• Must have the ability to be able to work varying shifts, to include a flexible schedule, seven days per week, some nights, weekends, and holidays.
We Offer: Paid holidays, vacation and sick leave, retirement plans; Pre-tax benefits for health, dental, vision, life, specified illness, and accidental insurance; Health and childcare spending accounts; Disability insurance; and opportunities for training and professional development.
To Apply: Upload resume, cover letter, references and an applicant form on the GPB Job Center located at www.gpb.org/jobs. ONLY Applications submitted through the GPB Job Center with a complete application, resume AND cover letter WILL BE ACCEPTED.
Deadline to Apply: Open Until Filled