Georgia Public Broadcasting’s Education division is hiring a part-time Education Outreach Specialist who will provide customer service and professional development training around GPB’s digital resources with a particular focus on supporting school districts in the southern region of the state. The Education Outreach Specialist position reports to the Education Outreach Manager. Candidates located throughout Georgia are encouraged to apply, with special consideration given to those who live in the southern portion.
● Build relationships with statewide educators, schools, districts, and other education stakeholders.
● Collaborate with statewide educators to provide virtual and onsite district- and school-wide workshops that showcase GPB and PBS content.
● Travel statewide for on-site workshops and conferences.
● Respond to inquiries from a variety of internal and external stakeholders (e.g., educators, school and district support staff and leadership, community partners, GPB colleagues, etc.).
● Compile data and prepare reports (e.g. registrations, attendance and activity logs, etc.) for the purpose of tracking communications, relationships, site visits, and workshop attendance.
● Handle multiple tasks and priorities and other duties as assigned.
● Bachelor’s degree or higher in education or related field and three years plus applied experience required.
● Master’s degree or higher in education or related field and five years plus applied experience preferred.
● Strong knowledge of latest instructional tools, strategies, and technologies.
● Demonstrated experience writing standards-based lesson plans and utilizing educational technology to enhance learning goals.
● Detail-oriented with exceptional writing and editing skills, including ability to present concepts verbally; confidence as a communicator and presenter is a must.
● Excellent customer-service, organizational, and time-management skills.
● Comfortable operating in a fast-paced environment and handling critical or challenging interactions that require professionalism and good judgment.
● Highly resourceful and proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Suite, and able to quickly pick up other software applications as needed.
● Experience in blogging and social media desired, including knowledge of platforms, audiences, and best practices.
● Must have a reliable mode of transportation and a valid driver’s license. Statewide travel and light lifting required.
● Must be able to work evenings and weekends, on occasion.
To Apply: Upload resume, references, and applicant form on the GPB Job Center located at www.gpb.org/jobs.
ONLY Applications submitted through the GPB Job Center WILL BE ACCEPTED.
THIS IS A PART-TIME POSITION. No Benefits.
Hourly Range: $35.00 - $50.00
Average 20 hours per week.
Deadline to Apply: Open Until Filled
Georgia Public Broadcasting is an Equal Opportunity Employer