Director of Development, HPPR
● Supervise station’s membership program, including on-air campaigns, direct mail, special events, online and social networking campaigns. Will work with executive director and member services director in setting goals, themes, etc., of all campaigns. Some on-air work is likely.
● Supervise the station’s major gift donor program, including planned giving, working with the General Manager and a major gift officer.
● Supervise underwriting program, including two underwriting representatives, tracking performance against goals, prospect targeting, and solicitation materials development.
● Create and implement a comprehensive fundraising strategy, coordinating efforts in underwriting, membership, and major donor development.
● With the executive director, set fundraising goals and appropriately communicate goals to staff.
● Coordinate social media messaging in support of development efforts.
● Coordinate web-site postings among underwriting, membership, and major gift development programs. Some direct digital posting and website management responsibilities.
● Serve as a member of the HPPR management team
● Represent HPPR to external constituencies
● Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent professional experience
● Two years’ experience with non-profit management, especially non-profit development
● Strong computer skills, with proficiency in word processing, e-mail, spreadsheets, presentations, shared databases, etc.
● Strong organizing skills, including project (campaign) design and management and deadline adherence.
- Strong customer (member) relationship building skills
- Experience in, or familiarity with, public media
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills
● Experience with CRMs, and PCI Compliance, or willingness to learn these systems /standards
● Knowledge of the High Plains region and service area of the station (western Kansas, eastern Colorado, and the panhandles of Oklahoma and Texas)
●Experience in managing multiple projects and competing deadlines with an attention to accuracy
●Experience creating and managing department budget
●Spanish conversation and writing skills a plus
● Ability to maintain positive, professional, and friendly relationships with community members and partners
● Ability to prioritize assignments and work independently on complex communication tasks
● Public speaking experience
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
HPPR is an equal access, equal opportunity, affirmative action employer that is fully committed to achieving a diverse staff. Equal opportunity is and shall be provided for all employees and applicants for employment on the basis of their demonstrated ability and competence without unlawful discrimination on the basis of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
To apply, please send your cover letter, resume and work samples to email@example.com. Deadline for applications is May 14th, 2021.