Primarily responsible for creating compelling digital content. This role requires an accomplished storyteller, someone with deep experience building engaging video, photography and written content for multiple platforms from idealization to execution. An innovative creator that can conceptualize a project then write, shoot, edit and package that material into a mind-blowing work of art.
Supervises administrative/clerical and student interns.
NATURE AND SCOPE
Internal contacts include University administration and Trustees, faculty, staff and students of the University. External contacts include celebrities, notable historians, and artists, scientists, local and National opinion leaders and newsmakers.
- Write, edit and curate a robust news presence on WHUT websites and WHUT’s social media streams. The primary goal: Distribute WHUT content as widely as possible, whenever and wherever potential audiences exist.
- Proactively research and develop story ideas. Produce approved ideas in a manner that results in compelling, creative, informative, engaging and in-depth stories.
- Responsibilities include production planning, conducting interviews, field and studio producing, scripting, supervision of editing and meeting all deadlines.
- Developing a plan for the use of multimedia that supports strategic communications objectives.
- Explore and develop content for emerging and established platforms.
- Maintain editorial standards of accuracy, thoroughness, ethics, balance and diversity.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of the principles, practices, methods and trends of production, their concepts, methodology, and techniques.
- Experience creating both short and long form content for digital and broadcast platforms. Skill and organizing resources establishing priorities.
- Knowledge of public television standards protocols and practices.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and initiative with regard to complex technical and program functions.
- Creative, engaging and clear writing/scripting for broadcast, web, and social media audiences. Ability to tell compelling stories in as little as 5 minutes – or as long as 10 minutes, as the story warrants.
- Exceptional experience using video production equipment, including DSLR cameras, Smartphone Camera, mixers, editors, microphones and audio equipment.
- Familiarity and experience with graphic design including motion graphics and animation.
- Extensive experience in sound and lighting design, color correction, color grading, audio mixing, creating original animation.
- Proactive, self-directed but collaborative work style. Must actively pitch and then act on approved ideas rather than waiting for assignments to be made.
- Ability to adapt to technological changes within the workplace and industry.
- Good problem-solving skills and work ethics.
- Ability to promote and maintain effective and harmonious work relations with staff, faculty, students, University officials, industry officials, community organizations and the public
Bachelor's Degree in Communications or Television Production, or related field and three years relevant experience or equivalent combination of seven relevant training and experience. Production experience required, supervisory experience highly desired. (Official transcript required at time of application).