The purpose of this position is to supervise the overall maintenance of the facility and equipment of WHUT-TV. Coordinate support services with university departments and outside vendors for the facility.
Internal contacts include WHUT-TV managers, technicians and other support staff, executives, administrators and employees from all divisions and departments within the university structure External contacts include vendors, partners.
- Oversees WHUT-TV day-to-day facilities maintenance, working closely with PFM (custodial services, building and grounds maintenance, space allocation, renovations, modifications and repairs) and telecommunications system.
- Provides special facility needs for live television remotes, promotions, outreach events and public appearances for WHUT-TV.
- Manages safety systems for facility and vehicles in accordance with University policies and procedures and in compliance with OSHA, and ADA.
- Coordinates Fire Prevention safety and security and other programs to ensure occupant’s comfort and safety.
- Manages and maintains an accurate system of internal inventory control for all supplies and equipment in conjunction with the Office of Inventory Control and Property Management. Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- Manages and maintains office computers and ensures their functionality.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work flexible hours (including occasional evenings and weekends).
- Passion for public media.
- Ability to interact with staff and volunteers (at all levels) in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under pressure, remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient, with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality is crucial to this role.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong decision-making ability and attention to detail are equally important.
- General computer proficiency, in particular with Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel as well as internet use/navigation and previous exposure to database use.
Two years of college or building trade school and three (3) years of general maintenance and building repair experience; or an equivalent combination of six (6) years of relevant education and experience. Must be accessible and available in the event of emergencies or when needed to meet the ongoing mission of WHUT-TV. Knowledge of federal and local building code requirements, fire and safety codes; general building construction, inspection and repair; and all building trades.