The Underwriting Account Executive is responsible for retaining and expanding underwriting agreements with existing clients, as well as developing new underwriting relationships.
Duties include securing financial commitments for Television programs, WHUT.org website and various WHUT events in the form of underwriting/sponsorships from the business community, individuals, foundations, agencies and media buyers.
Compensation to the Account Executive will comprise of commission and salary.
NATURE AND SCOPE
Internal contacts include executives, administrators and employees from all divisions and departments within the university structure. External contacts include community members, media, and vendors.
Soliciting business and individual support for WHUT in general and individual programs;
Overseeing commissioned staff in this task.
Writing scripts and trafficking all underwriting announcements.
Researching customer needs and developing application of products and services in an effective manner by:
- Researching and developing lists of potential customers.
- Doing market research to determine customer needs & providing information to other staff.
- Evaluating product & service marketability in terms of customers’ needs.
- Following up on sales leads and developing leads
- Maintaining up-to-date understanding of industry trends and developments that effect target markets.
- Establishing & maintaining industry contacts that lead to sales.
Participate in sales forecasting and planning in an effective manner by:
- Producing regular reports & final plans for Supervisor’s approval.
- Maintaining up-to-date awareness of strategic plans and procedures to coordinate market plans.
- Monitoring, analyzing & communicating sales data.
Developing and maintaining communications in a cooperative and professional manner with all levels of staff and customers.
- Communicating openly, honestly and constructively
- Treating all employees and customers with dignity, respect and courtesy
- Taking responsibility for and making every effort to resolve communication, trust and respect concerns and problems.
- Asking for information needed to perform job responsibilities.
Suggest new processes, tools, methodologies to ensure sales program’s success across department.
Telephone prospects to identify appropriate contacts, qualify and drive leads through the sales pipeline.
Telemarketing, cold calling, appointment setting and proactive contact of new & existing clients.
Administrative responsibilities to ensure a high level of customer service are maintained.
Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated knowledge ability in problem solving and negotiation with special emphasis on closing the sale.
- A demonstrable capacity to keep abreast of broadcasting industry trends.
- Ability to sense and relate observations to business opportunity.
- Demonstrated skill in proactively building relationships with key stakeholders.
- Excellent and persuasive communicator with exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
- Energetic, flexible, collaborative, and proactive; a positive and productive team leader.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs and social media.
- Good customer service skills understand the needs and interests of underwriters.
- The successful candidate will demonstrate strong writing and editing skills, strong supervisory skills, the ability to communicate and work effectively with the public and colleagues.
Bachelor's degree in business administration or related field and 7-10 years of experience. Five plus years underwriting/advertising sales experience required preferably in the broadcasting or digital media industry.