Sales Representative-Public Broadcast Underwriting
We are looking for an accomplished salesperson or a rising star who can help put our public media company’s underwriting sales on equal footing with successful PBS stations. This highly motivated, innovative and mission-driven professional would be responsible for meeting and exceeding the underwriting sales goals of IndiJ Public Media, owner of Indian Country Today. ICT produces a weekday newscast carried by public television stations and Indigenous media stations across the United States and in Australia.
Responsible for keeping accurate and current records in our CRM, saving all contracts in a timely manner and having a detailed weekly update meeting with the Director of Sales. Reports to the Director of Sales. Full-time salaried position with benefits and 401k plan.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Secure sponsorships and underwriting for the Monday-through-Friday broadcast as well as any special programming, initiatives and/or events.
- Identify, cultivate, and maintain long-term relationships with decision makers of tribes, businesses and corporations.
- Execute a 360-degree approach to sales in terms of prospecting clients, assessing the client’s needs, creating proposals, securing the sale and servicing the account.
- Excel at explaining the public media value proposition.
- Develop a written sales strategy to reach expected revenue levels while meeting market demands.
- Use innovation and strong leadership skills to find creative solutions that meet the demands of broadcast underwriters.
- Actively participate in discussions about the rate structure for IndiJ Public Media (and its subsidiary Indian Country Today, LLC) to achieve the revenue goals as forecasted.
- Communicate inventory, sales and packaging strategies to the Director of Sales.
- Manage account lists to maximize sales resources against market potential.
- Facilitate and build positive collaborative relationships with potential funders and underwriters.
- Ensure sales tools are utilized to maximum advantage in the marketplace for positioning and sales cultivation.
- Help ensure underwriting of the broadcast is in full compliance with PBS rules and regulations.
- Assist with updating media kit as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred or equivalent work experience.
- At least 3 years of successful underwriting sales experience with public media.
Proven experience in the following areas:
- Teamwork and project management.
- Selling skills for broadcast news organizations and in sales negotiation.
- Presentation and public speaking skills.
- Verbal, writing, mathematical, reading and analytical skills.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest and commissions.
- Knowledge of Excel, and media software programs for sales, such as Salesforce.
- Specific understanding of television programming, production, delivery and research.
- Proven and specific business experience and knowledge of related advertising businesses.
- Driving regional and national business.
- History of creativity and flexibility with a positive attitude.
- Must have the strong ability to work and collaborate with others as an essential function of the job.
- Must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Must have general knowledge of technical aspects of digital news sites and television.
- Decision Making: Anticipates, identifies and understands problems and opportunities by gathering, analyzing and interpreting quantitative and qualitative information; chooses the best course of action by establishing clear decision criteria, generating and evaluating alternatives, and making timely decisions; takes action that is consistent with available facts and constraints and optimizes probable consequences.
- Strategic Direction: Establishes and commits to a long-term business direction based on an analysis of systemic information and consideration of resources, market drivers, organizational values, and emerging economic, technological and regulatory conditions.
- Customer Focus (Internal and External): Effectively meets customer needs; builds productive customer relationships; takes responsibility for customer satisfaction and loyalty.
- Gaining Commitment: Uses appropriate interpersonal styles and techniques to gain acceptance of ideas or plans; modifies own behavior to accommodate tasks, situations, and individuals involved.
- Innovation and Risk-Taking: Generates innovative solutions in work situations, tries different and novel ways to deal with work problems and opportunities
- Building Partnerships: Identifies opportunities and takes action to build strategic relationships to help achieve business goals.
- Communication: Clearly conveys information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
- Project Management: Monitors the results of delegations, assignments, or projects, considering the skills, knowledge, and experience of the assigned individual and the characteristics of the assignment or project.
- Formal Presentation: Presents ideas effectively to individuals or groups; delivers presentations suited to the characteristics and needs of the audience.
- Understanding and knowledge of Indigenous communities and tribes is desirable, and experience in working with Indigenous clientele is a plus.
- Occasional night and weekend work are required as a salaried employee.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Online Media
- Marketing & Advertising
Full-time, salaried with potential for commission
To Apply: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/2491830944