Help Interlochen Public Radio cover the natural wonders of the upper Great Lakes region. IPR is hiring an aspiring reporter to strengthen our coverage of the things that matter most to our listeners: the land, water, forests, climate, wildlife and farms in northern Michigan. This is a grant-funded position for one year and includes housing on the campus of Interlochen Center for the Arts.
IPR is committed to original and rigorous reporting that explores the intersection and well-being of our environment and human economies and culture. We need an ambitious reporter who will ask original questions, break stories, develop new sources and provide explanatory and illuminating journalism. While we focus on critical issues we also want to increase people’s delight in living, visiting and knowing about the upper Great Lakes region.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Produce environmental news stories for public radio audiences.
- Produce related and unique digital content.
- Help revive and produce our weekly feature segment Points North.
- Work collaboratively with other news organizations and cultivate peer to peer relationships with other journalists.
- Pitch stories to NPR.
- Demonstrated history of enterprising environmental journalism, preferably in public radio.
- College degree or equivalent relevant experience
- Broad interest in and knowledge of environmental and natural resource issues, conservation and natural sciences.
- Strong work ethic and time management skills and the ability to juggle multiple tasks at once.
If interested in applying please submit an application by clicking the "Apply Now" button at the bottom of the page. Required documents for application are: cover letter/letter of interest, resume and a current listing of three references. You can additionally upload this information during the submission of the application process by selecting "Apply and continue to upload documents" button. Please upload all of your information in ONE DOCUMENT in a pdf format.
Review of materials will commence immediately and continue until the position has been filled. Materials submitted will be held in strictest confidence, and references will not be contacted without the permission of the applicant.
To apply for this positon, please go to https://careers.interlochen.org/
To apply for this position, please go to https://careers.interlochen.org/