Iowa Public Radio seeks an IT Manager to join our Operations team in Ames. As the IT Manager, you will lead the team that is responsible for managing all of the Information Technology resources necessary to support a network of 26 radio stations. This includes everything from hardware and software support to systems planning and cyber security. It’s a great opportunity to manage a high-performing team of two.
To be successful in this role, you need experience in network and software systems management, working with end-user and server-side hardware and software products, and experience managing a team.
Ames is the home of Iowa State University. It regularly shows up on those “best places to live” lists, and has a lot to offer, from great restaurants and live music to top class sporting events. Plus, you’re less than an hour from Des Moines. And there are state parks and biking, walking and running trails nearby as well!
We offer an excellent benefits package, including medical, dental and vision, a retirement plan with a 2-to-1 employer match, immediate accrual of vacation and sick time and a flexible work environment.
- $52,482 - $78,723
- Degree or relevant practical experience in an IT-systems related field;
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in network and software systems management;
- 2 – 4 years’ experience working with end-user and server-side Microsoft products;
- 2 – 4 years’ experience working with server and rackmount workstation hardware and end user systems and support; and
- Management experience leading a team of either full-time or part-time/student employees.
- 2 – 4 years’ experience in cyber security work or management;
- Project management experience in a project manager role;
- Knowledge of digital audio production;
- Highly organized and detail-oriented; and
- A love for public radio and serving an informed public.
Apply through the position link on the IPR website.
For full consideration, applications must include a cover letter, resume and contact information for at least three (3) professional references.
This position is open until filled.
Iowa Public Radio is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Discrimination because of race, color, religion, national origin or sex is prohibited. If you believe you have been a victim of discrimination, please notify the appropriate local, state or federal agency.