Iowa Public Radio seeks an IT Specialist to join our IT team in Eastern Iowa. As the IT Specialist, you will be part of the team that is responsible for managing all of the information technology resources necessary to support a network of 26 radio stations. This includes everything from hardware and software support to systems planning and cyber security. It’s a great opportunity to be part of a high-performing team.
As the Eastern Iowa IT Specialist, you’ll support our operations in both our Cedar Falls and Iowa City studios, where our music and talk show teams work and broadcast from. In addition to handling servers and networking configurations across the network, in a given day, you might support one of our music hosts with computer issues or support our talk shows by managing the technical components of our on-air phone system. To be successful in this role, experience in supporting end-user and server-class hardware and software, experience with computer networking systems, and experience supporting end-users with their technical issues, is necessary.
While you can live where you choose, you may decide that it’s best to live midway, allowing faster travel to both studios for in-person work. You may find that some weeks you’re in the Cedar Falls studio two to three days and Iowa City a day or two, while others you spend more time working at home and visit each studio once in the week. Every week is different!
Iowa Public Radio is a well-respected and thriving non-profit organization. IPR offers an excellent benefits package, including health benefits, a retirement plan with a 2-to-1 employer match, immediate accrual of vacation (16 hours monthly) and sick (12 hours monthly) time and a flexible work environment.
- $41,986 - $62,978
- Associates’ degree in computer science, IT, or other equivalent experience;
- 1 – 3 years’ experience in:
- Supporting Microsoft user services, including Active Directory and Office 365;
- Completing hardware and software maintenance (end user and server equipment) and repair through both centralized and manual processes; and
- Implementing and supporting open-source and purchased software solutions.
- Excellent organization and documentation abilities; and
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Experience or training in networking;
- Experience working with and maintaining database systems; and
- Experience in project management.
For full consideration, applications must include a cover letter, resume and contact information for at least three (3) professional references.
Application deadline is 5 p.m. Monday, December 12, 2022.
Iowa Public Radio is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Discrimination because of race, color, religion, national origin or sex is prohibited. If you believe you have been a victim of discrimination, please notify the appropriate local, state or federal agency.