General Function (Description):
Examples of Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsible for supervision of membership staff, students and volunteers; and overseeing on-air fund drives, direct mail, telemarketing, planned and major giving and the solicitation and development of individual giving and sustainers. Also plans special listener and member events and incentives. Establishes annual fundraising goals and other activities as required.
1. Directs, plans, supervises and implements all membership related fundraising activities for the station including on-air, direct mail, telemarketing, major and planned giving campaigns.
2. Produces effective on-air solicitation drives for the station.
3. Establishes and tracks fundraising goals and maintains computerized files and reports on sustainers, direct mail, telemarketing, additional gifts, matching gifts, lapsed, expired and renewal activities.
4. Cultivates individual support to ensure that the station meets its annual fundraising goals.
5. Establish a competitive fundraising program that will enhance the infrastructure and capability of the Station through sustainers, individual donors and Matching Gifts contributions.
6. Develop and implement major donor and planned giving programs.
7. Uses fundraising software to manage manipulate membership software and other forms of financial data.
8. Plans major giving events and other special activities to cultivate giving such as the Preservation Society events.
9. Oversees the production of membership services such as electronic funds deposit, membership, payroll deduction, member newsletter and other forms of member/fundraising ideas.
10. Works with station manager, program director, underwriting manager, staff and students.