Position Title: Production Coordinator
Reports To: Program Director
General Function (Description):
Responsible for all production aspects of WCLK. Will serve as a liaison to the Chief Engineer, Program Director and Station Manager. Produces station announcements and underwriting spots. Oversees the production areas of the station. Facilitates student training. This position reports to the Program Director. Special emphasis on the maintenance and acquisition of all studio and remote equipment and broadcast supplies.
Examples of Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Ensures that all production equipment is functioning properly.
2. Assist in the acquisitions of equipment.
3. Responsible for all technical aspects for remote broadcasts.
4. Produces station announcements and underwriting spots.
5. Responsible for the production of on-air spots.
6. Takes and edits feed for broadcasts from sources such as NPR, PRI and independent distributors.
7. Help facilitate the student learning process.
8. Participates in stations annual on-air fundraising drives.
9. Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Technical proficiency/knowledge of production techniques.
- Ability to research and assimilate information.
- Ability to communicate clearly, both orally and in writing.
- Basic computer skills.
- Works well with other people, co-workers and superiors, helping to meet the objectives of the institution and completion of assignments.
Minimum Hiring Standards
Education Must have a Bachelors degree in Communication or equivalent experience. Years of Experience Required Years of Management/Supervisor Experience
- All Clark Atlanta University Job Applications must be submitted to Human Resources to be considered for employment. Please complete the application located on the Clark Atlanta University website and save it to your computer.
- All applicants should submit the following materials to firstname.lastname@example.org: 1) CAU Application; 2) Resume; 3) Any other materials requested in the job posting. All items should be submitted at one time, parcel documents are discouraged.
- The most current version of Adobe Acrobat Reader must be installed on your computer to properly execute the application. If you are using an older version of Adobe your application may not be able to be opened for review. You can download the current version by clicking the following link: http://www.adobe.com/downloads/
- Include both the position title and position number (as applicable) in the subject line of your email.
- Candidates selected for interview will be contacted by the hiring manager. No phone calls please.