KCUR 89.3, the flagship NPR station in Kansas City and 91.9 Classical KC, Kansas City’s 24/7 public radio classical music radio and digital service has an amazing opportunity to join our station group. We seek an energetic, creative person to join our team as the Traffic & Operations Manager for a full time, benefit eligible position.
The Traffic & Operations Manager ensures that traffic, production, and operations meld smoothly into a coherent broadcast and digital schedule across multiple platforms and products. This position works with the underwriting department, audience development staff and station program directors to ensure that each part of an underwriting or promotional campaign -- planning, copywriting, asset creation, scheduling -- -- is executed and delivered error-free.
In this position, you will effectively manage the station logs, maximizing station broadcast and digital inventory, and work with the programming and underwriting departments to ensure accuracy and maximum revenue generation. This position will also play an integral role in training users, including underwriting, promotion and announcing staff, on software and best practices.
Primary duties include, but not limited to:
- Ensures traffic, production and operations are delivered to broadcast.
- Processes orders received daily from the sales team.
- Manages the digital schedule across multiple platforms and products.
- Reviews and proofreads broadcast and digital copy in compliance with FCC, NPR, KCUR and Classical KC guidelines as needed.
- Checks spelling, grammar, and correct use of pronouncers.
- Works with the station’s underwriting department and audience development and digital teams to schedule and track on-air and digital spots for marketing and audience development partners.
- Provides regular usage data and reports as required.
- Performs adjustments and reconciliation of the log and runs monthly underwriting billing.
- Assists in other fundraising efforts during on-air and digital membership drives.
- Other duties as assigned.
A Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience and at least 2 years of experience from which comparable knowledge and skills can be acquired is necessary
Our ideal candidate is a self-starter with excellent organizational and time management skills, be able to work in a collaborative manner with an aptitude for cultivating positive relationships, and work independently to problem solve, set priorities, and manage deadlines.
Additionally, the ideal candidate will have the following:
- Articulate, energetic, goal-oriented and be able to work across department lines.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.Solid understanding of numbers/data necessary.
- Television/radio traffic experience and quality copywriting skills.
- Familiarity with traffic software, radio automation and music scheduling software, and digital ad delivery platforms a plus.
- Familiarity with KCUR and its programs preferred.
$19.47/hr - $24.00 per hour, commensurate with experience and education.
KCUR 89.3 is the NPR affiliate in Kansas City and is an editorially independent community service of the University of Missouri-Kansas City. Please apply online at UMKC’s website: https://info.umkc.edu/hr/careers/ Select “Staff Positions,” then “View Jobs,” then “View All Jobs.”