KENW-TV Master Control Operator
The following is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. This list of duties is illustrative only, and is not a comprehensive listing of all the functions and responsibilities performed.
Under limited supervision, operate and monitor digital operations and automation system that switches programs on and off the air. Record, prepare, and quality control TV programs from satellite or downlinks and operate/monitor transmitters and translators. Answer phone calls during hours that the Broadcast Center is closed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Read meters on transmitters, translators, EAS, and properly log readings
- Import traffic data
- Process traffic logs
- Record programs via satellite
- Prepare programs for air
- Append play lists
- Operate video tape machines
- Adjust video and audio levels
- Maintain watch on on-air operations
- Regular and predictable attendance is required
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Minimum Job Requirements:
- A high school diploma or GED certificate required. Directly related experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of individuals in a diverse community
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task
- Must be comfortable using computers and learning specialized software programs
- Interest in TV operations and public broadcasting preferred
Physical Demand and Working Conditions:
- Work is sedentary in nature with 10 pounds maximum weight to lift and carry
- Ability to work early mornings, late nights, weekends, and holidays. Willingness to fill in for other shifts when needed
- Work is performed inside during a normally assigned work schedule of 40 hours per week, within a seven day workweek covering an 18 hour per day operations schedule
Essential Functions: [As defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, these include the following responsibilities, minimum job knowledge, skills, and abilities. This is not necessarily an all-inclusive listing.] Visual and aural capabilities required.
Apply on-line to: https://www.enmu.edu/about/employment-and-hr/employment-opportunities