KERA is looking for a talented, detail-oriented educator who is committed to working with other educators and families to help all children learn. Does that describe you? The Education Coordinator is a new position, created to help the Education Director expand KERA’s education services by developing new programs, forging new partnerships and reaching more families and schools, particularly those in underserved areas to help mitigate gaps in opportunity and learning. This is an exciting opportunity to help expand our educational services with a focus on providing opportunities for enrichment and learning to prepare young children to succeed in kindergarten, elementary school and beyond.
KERA provides high-quality educational resources from PBS and other trusted sources and trains educators and parents to use them effectively. KERA also collaborates with local, state and national partners to extend our reach to more schools, families and communities. This reflects KERA’s commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion in our ongoing effort to represent all parts of our area as we expand audiences and create a culture of belonging.
KERA reaches more than 2 million people weekly through KERA TV, KERA News, KXT and Art&Seek. For more than 60 years, North Texans have turned to KERA as a destination for trusted educational programming and initiatives, community engagement and lifelong learning.
As we seek to recognize and reflect the increasing diversity among our audiences, we encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds and with diverse perspectives to consider employment opportunities at KERA.
The Education Coordinator will support the Education Director in expanding KERA’s education services as a leading provider of high-quality, free education content and activities. The Coordinator will be passionate about excellent teaching and excited about taking learning opportunities that are both smart and engaging to schools, families and community organizations across North Texas.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Work closely with the Education Director to plan and research new teaching and learning projects and play a key role in managing their implementation
- Work with educators and advisors to curate and adapt resources for teaching and learning provided by PBS LearningMedia and other trusted sources for use by North Texas schools, community nonprofits, students and families
- Help the Education Director develop and maintain strategic partnerships at the local, state and national levels
- Collaborate with local partners to present KERA’s community-based education programs and recruit families to participate in programs
- Plan and present sessions for training educators and parents to use materials and programs from KERA most effectively
- Create lesson plans and other teaching tools to augment KERA’s teaching and learning programs and the work of other KERA departments
- Help the Education Director keep the KERA Learn! website vibrant and fresh based on needs of educators and families (our education audiences)
- Represent KERA’s education services at community events and education conferences
- Stay up to date on plans by PBS and other public media stations for broadcast and digital programming and community-based activities
- Help to evaluate the efficacy of KERA’s teaching and learning programs
- Help with KERA’s communication services such as newsletters and the Start Smart Texting service
- Uphold and advance KERA’s commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion
- Perform additional duties as assigned by management
We believe a strong organization includes employees from a range of backgrounds, with different skills, experiences and passions. If you do not meet every position qualification but have some of these skills and feel you could be the right candidate for the job, we would like to hear from you. Please apply and tell us more about yourself.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Education or a related field
- At least three years of experience as a teacher
- At least three years of experience in education, education technology or training adults
- Proficient in the use of digital media tools in both virtual and face-to-face learning environments
- Up to date on Pre-K through 6th grade educational trends and resources to deepen student engagement
- Proficient at using different methods and instruments to collect and analyze student data for assessing skill mastery
- Excellent writing, communication and presentation skills
- Quick learner who is able to solve problems, multi-task and meet deadlines
- Able to interact and communicate diplomatically with multiple external organizations, internal departments and diverse audiences
- Master’s degree in Education or a related field
- Working knowledge of Spanish and/or other languages common in Texas.
- Experience as a lead teacher
- Experience in early childhood education (birth through age 9)
- Experience creating surveys and analyzing data
- Experience/familiarity with the mission and services of public media
$52,000 - $58,000, depending on experience
KERA is currently operating remotely due to the pandemic, and this job will primarily be performed remotely at this time. We expect that this position will eventually work out of our office at least 25% of the time.
Complete the application on KERA’s employment page Job Openings | KERA
Create a Profile and attach a resume and cover letter summarizing how you’d approach the job, your professional accomplishments and qualifications.
North Texas Public Broadcasting, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
KERA believes that diversity is crucial to our success. We are committed to equal employment opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, and gender identity), gender expression, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.