KERA is seeking a creative and detail-oriented individual for the position of On-Air Fundraising Associate to grow, diversify and engage members. Serving the country’s fifth-largest media market, KERA reaches more than 2 million people weekly through KERA TV, KERA News, KXT and Art&Seek. For more than 60 years, North Texans have turned to KERA as a destination for community engagement and lifelong learning.
As we seek to recognize and reflect the increasing diversity among our audiences, we encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds and with diverse perspectives to consider employment opportunities at KERA.
KERA is looking for an On-Air Fundraising Associate for membership campaigns on KXT, KERA’s AAA music station. In addition to their focus on KXT, the Associate will support the planning and coordination of all on-air fundraising campaigns for KERA’s radio and tv stations. There are 14 fundraising campaigns per year between the stations, accounting for approximately 25% of the stations’ annual revenue.
Under the guidance of the Director of On-Air Fundraising, this person will coordinate campaign details and elements of member campaign planning and execution. In addition, this person will work closely with KERA’s Audience and Member Services team to collaborate on thank you gifts and station-branded items for fundraising. They also will work directly with KERA’s call center vendor and coordinate with KERA’s digital team to ensure a seamless and excellent donor/user experience.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- In close consultation with the Director of On-Air Fundraising, coordinate KXT on-air membership campaigns including producing live on-air campaigns, fulfilling drawing contest prizes, ordering custom thank-you gifts, call center coordination, donation portal coordination, staff engagement, scheduling and associated communications.
- Assist the On-Air Fundraising Director in data entry, recording and analyzing data to devise fundraising plans and strategies for all properties.
- Stay current on best practices to integrate new ideas and new initiatives to drive revenue growth with special focus on KXT.
- Effectively engages diverse perspectives and experiences in work product and in organizational interactions, including communication and decision-making.
- Demonstrates respect for others in all workplace relationships and interactions.
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
We believe a strong organization includes employees from a range of backgrounds, with different skills, experiences and passions. If you do not meet every position qualification but have some of these skills and feel you could be the right candidate for the job, we would like to hear from you. Please apply and tell us more about yourself.
This is a full-time, hourly position that will require work on evenings and weekends during fundraising campaigns.
A successful candidate should have at least two years of work experience in fundraising, events, community engagement, project management, or another position requiring complex organizational skills.
They must have the ability to manage time wisely, respond to tight deadlines and changing priorities in a fast-paced environment are essential. Resiliency to stay calm and focused during periods of high activity and competing priorities is essential to this role.
This person must be able to successfully incorporate feedback and manage multiple points of view and must be able to work closely and effectively with colleagues across departments regardless of role. They must be both a team player and a self-starter, and an innovative, creative and accountable problem solver.
This individual should be comfortable working with technology and be able to learn and effectively use complex databases or other software packages. They must have a strong command of Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and other Office applications.
- Passion for and experience with public broadcasting
- Undergraduate 4-year degree
- Membership and/or CRM database experience
- Fundraising experience on digital and social platforms
- Radio and TV production experience
- Demonstrated commitment to supporting diversity and inclusion in the workplace
- Fluency in another language
$44,000 - $51,000, depending on experience.
KERA is currently operating remotely due to the pandemic, and this job will primarily be performed remotely at this time. We expect that this position will eventually work out of our office at least 50% of the time.
HOW TO APPLY:
Complete the application on KERA’s employment page and attach a resume and cover letter
KERA is an Equal Opportunity Employer
KERA believes that diversity is important to our success. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, religion, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.