KERA, the public broadcasting organization for Dallas/Fort Worth, is looking for an experienced innovator to transform KERA’s marketing department into a digital engagement engine for our stations and services. This position will be a key leader on KERA’s audience development team. Serving the country’s fifth-largest media market, KERA reaches more than 2 million people weekly through KERA TV, KERA News, Triple-A music station KXT 91.7, and the websites kera.org, kxt.org, keranews.org and artandseek.org. For more than 60 years, North Texans have turned to KERA as a destination for community engagement and lifelong learning.
As we seek to recognize and reflect the increasing diversity among our audiences, we encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds and with diverse perspectives to consider employment opportunities at KERA.
KERA is seeking a Digital Marketing Director to join our team and develop a forward-thinking marketing strategy that grows audience. Reporting to the Director of Audience Development, this position will oversee digital marketing efforts for each of the organization’s platforms, including KERA TV, KERA News, KXT and Art&Seek. The Director will lead the marketing team, setting a vision for how to use innovative promotions to reach new audiences, build loyalty and grow revenue. This position will oversee all marketing activities, with a specific focus on existing and emerging digital media, including display ads, content marketing, SEO/SEM, social and email. The Director will identify KPIs, define target audiences and craft campaign strategies that make KERA more visible, relevant and engaging to North Texans.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Develops and executes digital marketing campaigns, including management of flight dates, creative and deployment
- Serves as project manager for key promotional initiatives, specifically projects related to KERA News
- Oversees Marketing Manager in the execution of media buying and planning, as well as trade media partnerships
- Identifies opportunities to promote KERA’s programs and services on existing and emerging digital platforms
- Determines KPIs and measures the success of marketing efforts through data and analytics
- Provides guidance to social media and email teams in the development and deployment of marketing outreach
- Leads content marketing efforts across KERA and KXT websites
- Serves as subject matter expert when it comes to how the organization should leverage emerging digital trends and technologies
- Upholds and advances KERA’s commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion in all facets of KERA and KXT’s work
- Works closely with the audience development team on strategy and coordination of key initiatives and audience engagement
- Performs additional duties as assigned by management
- Maintains compliance with all company policies and procedures
We believe a strong organization includes employees from a range of backgrounds, with different skills, experiences and passions. If you do not meet every position qualification but have some of these skills and feel you could be the right candidate for the job, we would like to hear from you. Please apply and tell us more about yourself.
This is a full-time marketing management position. A successful candidate should have a bachelor's degree in marketing, communications, PR or journalism, as well as 5 years of work experience in a professional setting. Proven advanced skills in digital marketing, project management, team leadership and relevant technologies are essential. Experience in digital fundraising also is key, as is the ability to complete multiple tasks on deadline.
Work experience in a media, nonprofit, marketing or public relations environment is a plus. This position works frequently with other teams across the organization and must be both a team player and a self-starter. The individual must also be innovative, creative and an accountable problem solver.
Must have a strong command of the following software: Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and other Office applications. The candidate should also have experience with WordPress, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and email marketing services. A valid driver’s license and insurance are required for assignments/activities that may involve work outside the office and/or operating the company vehicle.
Experience/familiarity with the public broadcasting system and on-air TV or radio experience is a plus, but not required.
$75,000 - $80,000, depending on experience.
KERA is currently operating remotely due to the pandemic, and this job will primarily be performed remotely at this time. We expect that this position will eventually work out of our office at least 50% of the time.
Complete the application on KERA’s employment page and attach a resume and cover letter
North Texas Public Broadcasting, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
KERA believes that diversity is crucial to our success. We are committed to equal employment opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, and gender identity), gender expression, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.