The Marketing Coordinator is primarily responsible for executing marketing strategy across KERA and KXT’s promotional platforms, including but not limited to social media, websites, email and print newsletters. The Coordinator reports to the Director of Marketing. S/he will collaborate closely with the Director, while enjoying considerable autonomy in executing the organization’s strategic vision. The ideal candidate is passionate about public media and possesses an exceptional command of all things social.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
• Oversees day-to-day operations of KERA and KXT social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube). Plans and executes paid and organic content strategies across these channels. Monitors audience engagement and, as appropriate, responds to audience questions and comments. Tracks analytics and produces weekly social media insights reports.
• Plans, creates and sends marketing emails, including but not limited to weekly e-newsletters. Tracks analytics and produces weekly e-newsletter performance reports.
• Oversees the production of the bi-monthly print member newsletter, in collaboration with other Marketing & Communications Department members and external agency contacts.
• Creates marketing content for digital and print platforms. Collaborates on the production of creative assets and promotional materials by providing art direction, writing copy, reviewing for brand consistency, etc.
• Assists the Director in coordinating and tracking media trades and marketing partnerships.
• Assists the Director in coordinating off-channel marketing plans, including tracking material deadlines and gathering campaign metrics.
• Maintains department’s administrative and content calendars.
• Assists in the coordination and execution of select special events led by the department.
• Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
• May be called upon to work some evening and/or weekend hours.
• The successful candidate should have a bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, PR or journalism with 2-3 years of work experience in marketing, communications and/or PR. Experience in broadcast media or nonprofit organizations is a plus.
• Proven advanced skills in writing, copy editing and proofreading. Impeccable use of grammar, spelling and punctuation is a must. Knowledge of AP style is strongly preferred.
• Experience managing a brand’s social media accounts is required. Strong command of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube platforms is also required, including a knowledge of each platform’s analytics tools. Experience managing paid social media advertising campaigns is strongly preferred.
• Awareness of social media trends and keen interest in experimenting with new social media strategies.
• Innovative, creative and accountable problem solver and a self-starter. Able to exercise mature judgment, especially in communicating with audiences on social media and other platforms.
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail are essential. Outstanding time management skills and ability to complete tasks on deadline are crucial.
• Must have a strong command of the following software: Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and other Office applications.
• Some graphic design skills and/or familiarity with content management systems (WordPress) is a plus.
• Valid Texas Driver’s License and insurance required for assignments/activities that may involve work outside the office and/or operating the company vehicle.
HOW TO APPLY
Please provide a resume, a cover letter summarizing professional accomplishments and qualifications and a brief writing sample (up to 750-word article and/or social media portfolio). Please include how you found out about this position in your cover letter.
Submit this information as you prefer to:
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax to: (214) 740-9323
Mail to: Human Resources, KERA, 3000 Harry Hines Blvd., Dallas, TX 75201
NTPB offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package based upon professional experience and achievement.
NTPB is an Equal Opportunity Employer.