KERA is hiring a Senior Accountant to join the Finance Team.
The station serves the country’s fifth-largest media market, reaching more than 2 million people weekly through KERA TV, KERA News, KXT and Art&Seek. For more than 60 years, North Texans have turned to KERA as a destination for community engagement and lifelong learning.
As we seek to recognize and reflect the increasing diversity among our audiences, we encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds and with diverse perspectives to consider employment opportunities at KERA.
KERA is looking for an experienced Senior Accountant to perform and coordinate accounting duties as part of the Finance team. Their responsibilities include preparing financial reports, performing account reconciliations, maintaining the general ledger, assisting with audit preparations, and performing other accounting duties as assigned.
The Senior Accountant should have a solid working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and strong financial analysis skills. They should be detail-oriented, highly organized, and able to work with little to no supervision and perform under pressure.
The Senior Accountant reports directly to Controller.
- General ledger month end close procedures including preparation/calculation and entry of journal entries (recurring, accruals, pre-paid, fixed assets, etc.)
- Maintain and reconcile bank accounts and balance sheet accounts
- Prepare various financial reports for both internal management and external sources
- Assist with budgeting and forecasting
- Assist in preparing for the annual audit
- Investigating and resolving any account discrepancies
- Contribute to the development of new or amended accounting procedures
- Perform other accounting duties as required or assigned
- Uphold and advance KERA’s commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures
- Perform additional duties as assigned
We believe a strong organization includes employees from a range of backgrounds, with different skills, experiences and passions. If you do not meet every position qualification but have some of these skills and feel you could be the right candidate for the job, we would like to hear from you. Please apply and tell us more about yourself.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, business administration or a related field
- Minimum of five years’ experience
- Must be detail oriented and conscientious about meeting deadlines
- Must have good communication skills
- Must be reliable and have a strong work ethic – some overtime may be required
- Must be a self-starter
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team
- Ability to manage and prioritize workload
- Must have good computer/spreadsheet skills, especially in Excel (Pivot Tables, etc)
- CPA or MBA preferred
- Non-profit experience
- Blackbaud Financial Edge experience
- Passion for and experience in public broadcasting is a plus, but not required.
- Fluent in multiple languages, Spanish preferred
$85,000 - $95,000, depending on experience
KERA is partially operating remotely due to the pandemic. When we return to the office in 2022, we will continue to provide flexibility for our staff to work remotely part of the time. We expect that this position will work out of our office at least 50% of the time.
KERA is an Equal Opportunity Employer
KERA believes that diversity is important to our success. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, religion, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
How to Apply
Complete the application on KERA’s employment page and attach a resume and cover letter.